Automatically Map Multi-Sampled Instrument?

Hello,

I would like to use a few of my instruments that are multi-sampled. They are spaced out at even intervals (major thirds or 3 samples/octave.) Does Renoise have a way of automatically mapping these samples?

Thanks,

-R

The only automapping feature that Renoise has internally is the drumkit generator. This one allows you to either assign to every semitone or only spread across the white keys.
But i’m afraid there is no automatic mapping system that scans samples and maps them to the measured base frequency. (which would be awesome if Renoise could do that. With a trick it could perhaps be done writing a tool, but that requires a frequency table and algorithms to scan sample frequencies).
Even as simple as mapping to specific key-intervals is not available natively (but easier to script).

If you load all the samples into the sample list in the correct order (ie. C-3, D#3, F#3, A-3, C-4, etc), then you can easily drag them all into the Sample Keyzones editor and quickly assign them to the correct notes. When you drag the samples into the keyzones editor, notice that moving your mouse vertically within the editor will determine how the samples are spread across the keyboard. At the very top the spread is one sample per note, and moving downwards increases the spacing.

Example: (It’s 4 samples/octave here, but you get the idea)

3272 renoise_multisample_map.png

[quote=“dblue, post:3, topic:36149”]
If you load all the samples into the sample list in the correct order (ie. C-3, D#3, F#3, A-3, C-4, etc), then you can easily drag them all into the Sample Keyzones editor and quickly assign them to the correct notes. When you drag the samples into the keyzones editor, notice that moving your mouse vertically within the editor will determine how the samples are spread across the keyboard. At the very top the spread is one sample per note, and moving downwards increases the spacing.

Example: (It’s 4 samples/octave here, but you get the idea)

3272 renoise_multisample_map.png

Wow! I didn’t realize that feature was available in renoise. That’ll do just fine for me! My samples are created using a script, and the file names are written in a way so that they will appear in order (Bass01.wav, Bass02.wav, Bass03.wav, etc…)

Thank you for the responses!

Ah, clever thinking, i thought with intervals that certain notes should be left blank/unmapped, but ofcourse one doesn’t need to touch keys that would not apply