Automating Effect Enable

Hey guys,

I’ve been using Renoise since about version 1.8, and I’m absolutely dumbfounded how I worked without things like the velocity device and key tracking device to automate effect chains.

I have a bit of a problem though. I’m trying to enable and disable a delay effect when the note is hit (at a certian velocity range) and disable it when the note off occurs. I know I can manually do this using the hex effect column, but I’d like it to be handled automatically for live performances.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Griff

Hrm… Well, you can modulate the send amount of a delay line with a velocity device? Delays should be pretty light computationally. Not sure how to turn it straight on and off.

http://www.mongofiles.com/file/35844/delay%20mod%20demo.xrns

I know this isn’t exactly what you were looking for, but it might get the job done?

Yeah, as cenharmonic said you could just turn the send down to 0 rather than turning the delay on and off completely.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies; Unfortunately, just cutting the send won’t do…

I’m trying to recreate the InstaJungle VST plugin as an effect chain using delays at 100% feedback, cutting the send after an allotted amount of time. I have experimented with bringing the feedback all the way back to 0, but then the delay buffer doesn’t empty all the way if I want to trigger the 100% feedback again shortly thereafter. When the effect is enabled/disabled, it clears the delay buffer.

Perhaps I’m going about it the wrong way. I know effects weren’t meant to be used this way, but I figured it was worth a shot. I’ve been doing a lot of the direct digital synthesis in renoise recently and that’s really opened my eyes to the true power behind effect chains.

-Griff