Automation Curves

The only thing I can’t do with ease in Renoise is automation. It is indeed very easy to set-up, but I would like to be able to see more than 1 automation curve at a time. Like in cubase or Logic where you can see as many automation lines as you want. For example, I’d like to see the Cutoff, resonance and mix ,whatsoever, automation lines/points at the same time. And BTW one question on this. How can you set the default way of displaying the automation between line, cubic and points?

Hi Nick,

I’m missing multiple views of automation envelopes, too. If you massively use them you sometimes want to see them in relation. Or you copy an envelope and want to see if the source and target are still the same and so on.

Maybe somebody can develop a new tool for this ? Regarding the default way: AFAIK the default is line - not sure, though.

as far as i know, you can’t.

by the way, recently there has been a lot of discussion about improvements for the Automation in Renoise. look through the ideas & suggestions forum and check it out, if you like. some of your concerns are probably covered in there somewhere.

yes thats an good idea - but a bigger problem i have is the automation for vst INSTRUMENTS - am i stupid to dont find it or doesnt it work ?? i really was searching and for sure it dont work like it works for vst FX.

so when it works please tell me when not it would be great to implant that in one of the next updates.

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Meta_Devices#.2AAutomation_Device

yes thanks that was it :) its always better to read the whole tutoriaal…