Automation Sliders With Pattern Editor Tab Focused

:drummer:

Hey, long time with no news !!
It is great to work on Renoise-2.7.2 !!

I just started a new song, nothing exotic at the moment, but I can see that the sliders don’t work good in TRACK DSP; they don’t follow their automation when the Pattern Editor TAB is focused.

Works good with the others TAB.

I didn’t try with 64bit Renoise version.

:panic:

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Linux 64studio 2.6.24-29-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Fri May 27 20:36:24 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
ICEWM window manager

purely from your description i am not 100% sure what you mean. this might be due to your English (i suppose you are not a native speaker), but i think it would at least help if you’d provide an example .xrns so people can see what is happening for themselves. you could also try to do some screenshots or describe in more detail the actions you take.

:guitar:
Sorry for my bad english…

I mean that the assigned sliders (in TRACK DSPs) to an automation (ex.: volume track) don’t move when the Pattern Editor TAB is ON.
But they move when I change for Mixer view, or Sample view…

No need to provide an .xrns, as my new song is very simple, no exotic plugins, just native ones, 4 patterns, 8 samples…
No send track, no meta device, etc…

Also I have desactivated all the plugins tools I have installed…Still the same…

I have noticed also that the tooltips don’t show… but they are enabled in the options ! :panic:

Don’t have this kind of problems in Renoise-2.6.1

:walkman:

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Linux 64studio 2.6.24-29-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Fri May 27 20:36:24 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
ICEWM window manager

well, i don’t seem to be able to get Renoise 2.7.2 to run on Linux. this is probably my own fault, but it means i cannot confirm what you are seeing. maybe i’ll be on Windows later and try it out there.

:w00t:

Tested on ubuntu 10.04 LTS, GNOME with Compiz : Everything is working (automated sliders and tooltips).

I can notice a little difference : sliders are working worse when the Pattern Editor TAB is ON. It seems like the synchro is not very good…

:ph34r:

you should really upgrade your Linux distro indeed: Renoise has been tested only with newer distros because the Linux version is relatively new. your issue looks like one of the problems which Renoise had in the past with older versions of Compiz.

in case you hate the direction Ubuntu is taking since the last version (I do), you could take in consideration a migration to Linux Mint, which is Ubuntu compatible so you can retain your /home partition

:ph34r:

I don’t use compiz on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

• RenoiseV-2.6.1 works good !

• RenoiseV2.7.1/2.7.2 have same issues.

Tested with X64 Linux Mint Distro (64studio3) too. Same problems with RenoiseV2.7.1/2.7.2.
RenoiseV-2.6.1 works good too on X64 LinuxMint.

:panic: