Basic Tracker Alternative to Renoise?

Hi. U could technically build minimal tracker in this GitHub - hundredrabbits/Orca-c: Live Programming Environment(C Port) . But u would need to hook up some kind of sound engine. This is tutorial using non terminal version of ORCA how to make a tracker Learn ORCΛ Livecoding ~ IN DEPTH TUTORIAL (Pt.2) - YouTube

It’s very very basic. You don’t miss much… Still curious how it will develop

1 Like

well, i have sweet spot for Milkytracker - and its simplicity… Sometimes i think too much when making music… Milkytracker spares me :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what I thought first too BUT …
… take a look at their release page on GitHub and voilà: There is a build for macOS!
Easy to oversee this on the download page due to all the other platform versions listed there.

At the time being this is the direct link: https://github.com/milkytracker/MilkyTracker/releases/download/v1.03.00/milkytracker-1.03.00-macos.dmg (might change of course when there is a new version).

After playing around with MilkyTracker for some days now I can say that I like because of it’s retro look and feel.

EDIT: I just noticed that maybe I’m talking about another MT variant here (the “original” one and not X).

yeah, regular version is available for mac, whereas X is not (yet)… :slight_smile: