Bass resolution improvement for the freq analyzer

The frequency analyzer in Renoise is very nice. I use it all the time at highest resolution (16384 block size / logarithmic scale).

Only the bass area resolution seems to be a bit unprecise. If you compare it to other analyzers, e.g. you won’t see clearly a falloff of sub basses while using an high pass. The curves are quite inexact in the low end.

Can you improve the resolution for the bass area, so that in logarithmic view, the resolution is just as fine as in high freq area? Are the analyzer bands/points logarithmic in logarithmic view, or linear just as in linear view? That wouldn’t make a lot of sense… Right?

Also a speed setting between “fast” and “instant” would be nice, imo. Using “instant”, the falloff doesn’t seem to be interpolated anymore at all, which looks kind of ugly and stuttering.

Thanks!

If I play a sine over all octaves watching it on a logarithmic scaled analyzer view, the low frequencies will be displayed much more wide and will become thinner for each upper octave.

If the analyzed freq points would be placed also in logarithmic gaps, wouldn’t the sine displayed with same width/precision on each octave?

EDIT: I wrote rubbish. Renoise’s analyzer is advanced over other analyzers (maybe only not below 100Hz). Actually it seems to be the best analyzer that is available on the market :slight_smile: What I would love is a zooming function where you select an area in the analyzer, so the freq-wave is expanded in amplitude and the 16384 FFT bands are used only for a selected area, so providing more precision! This + a falloff setting between fast and instant would be a incredible solution.

• The analyzer as a detachable window on a second screen :slight_smile:

Get a free analyser plugin, I suggestMelda analyser (part of free plugin pack) it has all the features you want an much much more.

Or Voxengo SPAN, or fabfilter Q

Or Voxengo SPAN, or fabfilter Q

Tried these, the Renoise analyzer is better, faster and more precise. I am talking about improving this state…

What settings do you use to get a good view of bass? I’ve been messing with it but can’t come up with anything good…

If I play a saw wave at E2 it just looks like mush on the analyzer. If I play it at E4 then I can see all the harmonics no problem.

I’ll take a screen shot later if it helps… but I’m just curious what settings people are using to get a precise look at bass. I want to see individual harmonics playing a saw wave at E2…

Hey,

have these settings (nothing special, but the bass area could be improved for sure like described above, e.g. with a zoom function):

Filled curve / Logarithmic / 16384 Samples / Fast / +4dB Oct.

the bass range at rates higher than 44kz even at high block sizes is '‘blurred’ together

Hey,

have these settings (nothing special, but the bass area could be improved for sure like described above, e.g. with a zoom function):

Filled curve / Logarithmic / 16384 Samples / Fast / +4dB Oct.

ah there we go, I had too small of a block size. thanks! B)