Beatslaughter - How Can One Raindrop Make A Tide

Here is a new song i’ve done for the current Camel competition. It’s only 2:58 mins long, since the compo has a limit of 3 minutes.

You can read about the compo at their forum here: click

Beatslaughter - How Can One Raindrop Make A Tide (glitchy breaks / chill out)

Below is a little background info i’ve written at KVR.

I’m finally done with mine! Since i didn’t liked to work with the demo versions, i’ve only used the provided samples and the Absynth 4 demo banks. Here is a quick rundown of everything i’ve used for composing this song.

The used host was Renoise 1.9 and the only additional effect used was the Renoise internal EQ10. There were also 8 instances of the free Camel Crusher used, even slapped it on the master bus, where it does it’s job as limiter with soft compression and a very subtle tube distortion to color the mix. I guess using a LFO Device doesn’t count as effect, just lazy man’s automation. :D

Used Samples:

BiolabsVol1-3Samples-Demo

• 8drum02b.wav

BiolabsVol4-6Samples-Demo

• 00-art-cind01.wav
  • bio-v-art03-am.wav
  • SreamFX2.wav

All drum sounds were derived from the sample “8drum02b.wav”, which i’ve sliced to single shot samples.

All vocal effects come from the following two samples “00-art-cind01.wav” and “bio-v-art03-am.wav”.

The sample “SreamFX2.wav” was used in the intro and as additional effect in the song.

All samples were modified with various instrument envelopes like volume/pitch/filters etc. and some were also looped. A lot of additional effects were created using various pattern commands.

Used Absynth 4 presets:

[biolabs]AbsynthResearchVols1-3Demo-Kore

• LD Moonbeams
  • PAD The Dream

BiolabsAbsynthResearchVols4-6Demo-Kore

• PAD Quark Reflections

StarscapeAbsynthSounds-Demo

• ACT Steel Space
  • PAD StarscapeStrings

Some of the presets were slightly tweaked.

Sweet groove. Sonically delicious. Short and snappy :)

Sounds great on the Tannoys here at work.

omg what an amazing track.

nice beats man, great mix.

Well, this would be a bit unfair if they’d judged like this. The rules clearly stated one can use the samples provided by Camel and also the demo banks of their soundsets for either Absynth or Massive. The samples they provide are actually from their Absynth addons, so everything used is Camel except the EQ10. I’d loved to use CamelSpace, but for me part of the fun was to work around this limitation.

Hmm, i don’t expect to win and nearly have everything i need for VST stuff, so i’d consider it as a nice bonus anyway. Changed to “less is more” long time ago. :)

Maybe other Renoisers want to join? Still time left until end of october.

I really dig this song. Great job!

cute drums with some sophisticated programming at places.
arpeggio (c64-like) sounds are nice as well.
overall a felicitous tune with the only “flaw” of not matching my personal liking for being a bit too vacant and in abeyance.

Since the compo is coming to an end now, i’m releasing the full source of my project.

Requires Renoise 1.9 (demo works too), Camel Crusher VST and NI Absynth 4 with all the Camel demo banks installed.

Download

In case you get a ZIP file instead of a XRNS, rename it back to properly load it in Renoise (IE7 does this for example).

Thanks, works fine now. :)

Sounds pretty smooth.

very nice tune

Good news, i’m one of the winners! :D

CHEERS!!!