Best way to warp long vocal sample in Renoise?

Hi, folks

So what is your way?Best way to warp long vocal sample in Renoise… I have a vocal track from rapper. Sometimes this guy is off beat and i want to edit his vocal but still can’t realize how to do it :confused:

Cheers,

Andrey

Sorry for not answering your question, but I would actually not use Renoise for this as I believe it is too limited to do it in a reasonably efficient way ATM. If anyone disagrees I would be happy…

I would guess that your best shot is to rewire Reaper to Renoise and edit the vocals in Reaper, or another DAW if you already own one that you’re comfortable with.

Pretty sure you could pull it off with 0Sxx. Could also try doing it in a phrase with high LPB for fine tuning and then sequencing normally.

However, trying to stretch segments of a long sample with Renoise is not a good idea. Simple realigning by slices would perhaps be doable, although I wouldn’t appreciate the workflow.

I would guess that your best shot is to rewire Reaper to Renoise and edit the vocals in Reaper, or another DAW if you already own one that you’re comfortable with.

That’s what i did mate… But i will be so happy to do it in Renoise! Use slice markers as stretch markers - top feature in my wishlist!

Pretty sure you could pull it off with 0Sxx. Could also try doing it in a phrase with high LPB for fine tuning and then sequencing normally.

I will try it :wink: But i think that this is good solution for drums only or… But never say never as we all know, so who knows :slight_smile:

However, trying to stretch segments of a long sample with Renoise is not a good idea. Simple realigning by slices would perhaps be doable, although I wouldn’t appreciate the workflow.

Yeah that kind of warping thing isn’t possible for sure. But I’m sure you can get something funky in Renoise way using 0Sxx or slice markers.

I had worked with freestyle without a beat, only more or less efficiant way for me is chopping everything in segments and putting in a big ass drum kit, making smooth fade in and out for each sample

The original vocals that I used in my D&B track which I posted a few weeks ago (https://forum.renoise.com/t/lost-and-delirious-liquid-atmospheric-dnb/45814) are not in sync with the BPM I was working with (168 bpm).

In order to use the vocal in my track I had to find a method of syncing it up. Timestretching was a no-go because it results in ugly artifacts and pitch shifting the vocal would make it out of tune. So I went on applying a combination of 0Sxx and 0Bxx commands. I would trigger my desired vocal cue (the “hah-ah-ah-ah-yeah”) with 0Sxx and prolong it by looping the individual trails with 0Bxx. Each cue and looping had to be fine tuned with the delay column settings to get the timing right and to avoid pops. You know what they say about trackers: The limitation of the software is where the real fun starts. You can get very creative when you have minimal tools to work with. That’s what I love so much about Renoise.

Here’s the original vocal for reference: http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/oBnXqc9g/file.html

You know what they say about trackers: The limitation of the software is where the real fun starts. You can get very creative when you have minimal tools to work with. That’s what I love so much about Renoise.

For sure i’m with you at this point, mate! I just need to try do warp by 0Sxx and in Reaper… Only after this i can choose winner :))

some one told me, for long steems dont use renoise, if you want anways, turn on auto seek in the sampler, so when you move in the pattern, you hear exactly the position of the sample. then slice up the sample into many small parts, adjust painful, then you are done.

get the rapper to rap properly on beat B)…

but as been mentioned before, autoseek and triggering slice markers definitely works.