Better Visibility Of Collapsed Track Content

i use altarnate fonts for Renoise, and when i see from original fonts colapseing track i was puzzeled

this is my font, and i see all action with my song

2790 new.png

this is orginal. did you understanding what happens in this pattern?

2791 old.png

thnx

I’m puzzled too. Could you give us a hint of what’s wrong and what not?

when colapse track with original font pattern missing visibility. alternate font give me in the colapse chanel this small block its give me undeerstanding all position note in my song. in the original font dont have clear visibility.

i hope you understanding me )

Do you mean that the original font should “highlight” those small []'s better? Or is there actually something “missing” which I can’t spot?

I mean alternate font is better because i have more visibility (primitive notes)

may be add this advantages in the originals font/visibility?

ps

i use this font

Sorry, I also don’t get it.

Can you repost the pictures with a big red arrow pointing at what you mean?

You want to replace the dotted squares because they are too small? Change the three dots to one dot? Or something?

Thanks.

Jalex is saying that the custom font makes it more obvious where the collapsed pattern content is, because the icon/indicator that shows “this line has some content” is really distinct and contrasts well against the empty lines.

In our default font, the distinction between the two states is not quite as obvious at a glance, because they are more similar looking and do not offer as much contrast.

For what it’s worth, I think the indicator in that custom font looks pretty weird, like a zero. Doesn’t really make sense to use it, imho. (Think this is only appearing because the custom font is missing that character anyway)

We could maybe try to enhance the contrast in our default stuff a bit more, but I’m not sure what the best approach would be to keep things consistent.

I don’t think the difference in contrast is because of the (zero), rather it’s in the negative space.

Replace the current … with . and it will be the same thing?

Right. Big bright obvious thing against a dark mostly empty thing. :P

Something like this could work, I think.