Bf3 Beta Ends Tomorrow

I’m no big fan of multiplayer shooters so singleplayer-mode is pretty important to me and six hours of bad gameplay just doesn’t justify the pricetag IMO, and bugged it was too, had to restart from earlier checkpoint twice during the game to continue. The multiplayer on PS3 is also useless, too few players on too large maps. I recall the gamecreators themselves said singleplayer would be just as important part of the game as multiplayer, well they managed to fuck up both on consoles. It’s safe to say BF3 was the biggest disappointment of this year when it comes to gaming.

I get where you’re coming from now, had this exact discussion with a guy at work yesterday, and decided it was all a matter of personal taste. I’m sort of the opposite on all fronts; I’m less of a casual single player gamer and more in it for the online multiplayer, plus using PC and the servers are jam packed. On a side-note, the day when cross-platform multi-player becomes standard will be a happy day for me.

For me: BF3, on a PC that can handle it, on a stable fast net connection, 64 player servers on some of the large maps is probably the best multiplayer experience I’ve come across. There’s always some action going on and many ways to approach it.

Aha, okay, now i understand your point of view better, yes BF3 for the console isn’t what you would desire for. But the makers were targeted towards PC gamers and to honest: it really looks better on PC than on the consoles (besides the fact that the multiplayer servers are plenty and plenty filled)
I think that if makers target a specific group of users, then get that edition.

I believe Uncharted 3 is an exclusive PS3 game, no doubt it will be a very slick game to play on that console and is more your type of game

Who said I bought it? :) And I’m not really complaining, just comparing two similar games (singleplayer-campaigns) released at the same time. Ok so I was playing MW3 on my PC and compared it to BF3 PS3 but I don’t think the platforms matters too much in this case.

Played it through a couple weeks ago… its the best thing since sliced bread. Without doubt the best and most polished game I have ever played in past 30 years, never did I expected PS3 to be pushed so far. So some people call it too much of a movie due to cutscenes but I find them just entertaining. Hint, the perfect x-mas present for someone.

Platform as hell does matter here, you can’t compare MW3 to BF3 and specially not the PC version of Mw3 against the console version of BF3.
The console version of BF3 even sucks against the PC version of BF3. When it regards Graphics, PS3 will never come even close to the PC version. Sony and Microsoft have to come up with a better console if they want to win it from ATI and Nvidia.

Just for you, I installed it and played it on PC (full, res, full details). BF3 on pc is just as crap as its on PS3, there is not much corrected(two bugs corrected, hey!!) The PC BF3 has more players on same battlefield so it makes it a bit more interesting, notice, a bit. BF3 offer nothing, not graphicly (in fact its engine and textures seems like they are from 10 years back, added the fucking irritating lamp/laser lighteffect which everyone hate, thank god them getting it fixed) nor storywise,. Its just a cheap multiplayershooter, why dont they sell it 20 bucks a piece like Left for dead. So you are a fan, do buy it, enjoy, its really nothing except for the huge add-campaign-budget. Reminds me of “Sniper, Ghost warrior” … both entertaining about half an hour.

Bf3 is bad ass! dont hate just 'cause you suck at it!

I guess you don’t have a top notch graphics card on the PC then and are perhaps not running Windows Vista or 7.
DirectX10 and 11 make a huge difference. Specially DX11, because Tesselation is one fancy feature that currently no console supports.
You are being forced to have Windows 7 for that though.

No nothing top notch, Radeon HD 6850 and Windows7. Its decent enough for all latest games in full detail though.

I propose we all meet for a Wolfenstein Enemy Territory match. Then you know what gameplay is.

:rolleyes:

Did not I already tell two recent examples, Uncharted3 and MW3, on this very same thread? The singleplayer campaign ain’t too much fun, and there’s probably millions who are with me on this so please don’t insult us all calling us ridiculous :)

I’ve been looking at the close quarters preview. which seems to be the only DLC that you can get separate. All the others you would need the complete premium edition of BF3.