Bf3 Beta Ends Tomorrow

Battlefield 3 beta ends 10/10 at 12:00 CET so if you want to do some blasting…
Better do it today. (Also the caspian border maps were up this weekend)

Hey guys! Join to renoise platoon http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240981947673/

PC

So how does it live up to the hype? I couldn’t get the beta to work. Turned out there was an issue having two graphics cards installed from different generations (long story why they were both there) but I’d missed the beta by the time I’d figured that out.

It’s pretty good except the bugs :)
Need few patches, but i like it already.I got what i expected.

Well, i have currently playing the campaign so far, but i got to admit that the GFX and animations look really stunning on a GTX580. (I had ordered a GTX 590, but the damn thing didn’t got delivered after waiting for 5 months so gave up hope and requested a 580 instead)
Combined with the audio and cutscenes this game is really versatile and realistic in a lot of aspects.
Though the “hard mode” is not really tough enough for me in most cases. There are just a few situations where this mode becomes irritating.

Ended up getting it. The sound is just incredible, isn’t it! I’m enjoying the multiplayer although anything except hardcore mode seems like people can absorb too many bullets. It would be nice if I could disable some of the HUD overlays too; on 64 player servers its just a sea of blue dots etc

Other than a few glitchy bugs it seems pretty good, appears to be lots of work gone into the game engine as it feels very snappy and the netcode is brilliant

The densed sound is what i get when i’m getting more wounded on MP mode, i guess something in that routine is messing up at moments when you’re fully healthy.
But i get the picture what the purpose is, it doesn’t always work out properly.

how do you relate to Origin EULA policy?

i’m really thinking of buying the game but the hard disk scan for “marketing” information is just wrong on so many levels…

this:

"[i]2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.
[/i]"

scary isn’t it?

Nothing much to see on this thing but a bunch of games and a bunch of music. If they want to see how much catching up they have to do to get as many sales off me as Steam has or listen to some of my tunes, I can’t say I’m very concerned either way as both of these pieces of information are actually relatively public anyway…

I guess it depends what you have on there.

As for using it to market things to me, I think the surest way for me to avoid a product is to have it shoved in my face. I’ll shy away from it even if it’s a good decision to buy it… just instinctive!

They have to obey the generic privacy laws. But you can interpret this section as that they simply want to gather statistics on what kind of games you own and simply act to it by only offering or market stuff you might like instead of bombing you with a whole batch of different genre games and hoping there is something you like in particular.
Steam isn’t behaving any different and they manage to pull it off, i got several games that way.
I’ld rather have them offer selective products based on your taste rather than shoving everything right down your throat like Alex says.

That’s an interesting take on my wording, stands up against the intended meaning still…

I was suggesting that if they use their information to try and market aggressively to me it would probably hurt their cause more than simply offering the products and letting me find them because it is a good way to purchase them…

But yeah, as you say Vince, selectively offering products in a non intrusive way as Steam manages is not offensive, and I have found several interesting titles this way.

I don’t think they are going to use anything outside the Origin manager to bring stuff to your attention (If you have opted out of their mailing list)

Played through the singleplayer campaign… total utter crap.

What did you expected then from the campaign?
It could be worse (and campaigns have been worse in other shooters as well).
But i admit that the “Hard” level could be quite a lot tougher and the interactive cut-scenes could use more triggerpoints with less time to trigger them (They would however also require more alternative endings).

“Interactive” cutscenes. More like video player with broken pause button, which sometimes triggers by itself.

Well they could have done it all the way like this… ;) (Would be real LOL if the campaign would only exists of these kind of cutscenes)

anyone playing bf3 on XBOX?

I expected something like Modern Warfare 3 which I finished a couple hours ago. Great script (by Paul Haggis) and 100% entertaining, just the opposite to BF3.

Everybody was already stating for months that MW3 is not BF3, which it isn’t.
They are both complete different games even though they share the same genre and both are MP.
BF3 was clearly meant to be a multiplayer game. Although i didn’t found the single player campaign total crap, yet some parts didn’t really fit the story well (Like the dog-fight part with the Jet).