Bitwig 3 is on SALE for $299

https://www.bitwig.com/en/shop/webshop.html

1 Like

lmao that’s the sale price?

1 Like

If $400 was within your play money budget then YES! Absolutely! lol

1 Like

I think if you buy it here thru paypal (in $) Site then you will pay like 270€ or so. I agree that 400€ normal price is really a bit over the top.

1 Like

Tried Bitwig, tried Ableton. I would never spend 300$ on a limited DAW like Bitwig.

Ever evaluated FL studio? In my opinion it offers much more, and for that money you get the signature edition (containing really good synths, effects and tools) and free updates for a lifetime.

limited like Bitwig …wow

3 Likes

I’m in the Renoise forum right?

2 Likes

I’m also curious to learn about how limited it is… ?

1 Like

Yeah, I already regret that word. The thing is, after some beers you tend to forget the fact that all major DAWs nowadays have a very similar features, and when having a lot of experience in one while having very little in the other, you aren’t really in the position to judge the other - chance is, the things you wanted to do and failed is not because it just doesn’t work, but because you just didn’t know.

So I stand corrected, I wouldn’t buy it simply because I don’t like it.

1 Like

I got and I like. Cheers.

Btw have fun with the stale work arounds

Yeah, I actually think the Bitwig is the most advanced DAW conceptual wise. It is like Renoise 4.0 should be, if Taktik had a lot of (full-)time for it (and an army of developers). I only think the Bitwig developer team is pretty small and the software already is so complex, that it seems to be hard to fix everything and them not to bring things into unbalance. But they are doing a really good job, and listen to the users’ problems.

The grid is a super sounding modular synth, which is a lot of fun UX wise. I only tried it very quickly and instantly created really good sounding chiptune sounds :smile: Upcoming 3.1 will be mainly about workflow improvements, they said.

You can join discord Bitwig channel, if you want to chat with a lot of experienced users.

3 Likes

Been playing with the demo and really impressed until I realised it doesn’t allow for 1 unit sample feedback loops
You need to insert a long delay line set to minmum value , the readout shows 0.02 ms but it’s actually a whopping 6 ms .
Which is pretty unusable when doing feedback loops , especially for certain fm algoritms where there are more then 2 operators in a feedbak loop (dx7 algoritm 4 and 6 )
There’s a guy who converted the dx7 algoritms into the grid , but the mentioned algortims that require (multiple operator ) feedback are just way off , no surpise actually because of the 10ms delay feedback
If they could fix this , it would be killer .
pros
-audio rate through out

• amp osc + phaseshifting modules + lookup table is killer
    -clear lay out
    -super graphics

cons
-Filters sound mediocre ( sallen key is good )
-sluggish gui overall when …( since version 1.0)

I rather prefer renoise /reaktor combo over bitwig…

Darn 6ms feedback loops. Renoise’s fm algo is 100x better. I sold my $300 bitwig licence because of this.

1 Like

The best fm I make with my pitchwheel anyway.

3 Likes

Renoise doesn’t have an Fm algo ( phase modulation )

1 Like

I think it were cheap ironical jokes, psynapsex may did not read your post completely.

1 Like