Bizzare Request For Sleepwalking/talking

SpeedWell: I think that Sony Sound Forge 7 and upwards have this feature. But wouldn’t it be better with a videoprogram that can trigger on sound?

Edit: Or maybe it was exactly what you asked for…? :huh: :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes, that would be great… but I doubt that many programs not have this feature.

Normal VHS-Videocassettes and a VHS-Recorder with Longplay-Feature can record the maximum of 8 hours video. Attach a usual Camera (most of them have nightshot, nowadays) to a videorecorder and press record on the recorder before you go to sleep.

8 Hours should be enough, as sleepwalking and stuff usually happen in the REM-phase which is when you’re sleeping about 3 hours.

Wouldn’t that require a camera with large VHS cassettes? Those were not even common in the VHS era… and to find one with nightshot… is that even possible?

Johan: I think he meant connecting the camera to the VHS-Recorder, so it doesn’t matter what type of cassette the camera itself use.

Doh! :huh: Well it’s my last day at work today, and my brain has obviously already gone on vacation :)

:) :D Well - this can happen, especially on Fridays :)

Whatever. The idea is really to connect those two devices, of course…

omg this is so funny! :lol:

i once saw a TV program about that… They talked about different things people can do at nights :blink: for example there where a child who bounced his head against the walls at nights They showed it too on video, he just got up, turned against the wall (doggy style) and started hiting the wall with his head :blink: and he did that every night

scary stuff…

i remember i once slpeepwalked too when i was child… i went to another room where my mother sleep and started sayng some thing to her (i dont exactly rememer what i said) but then she talked back to me like “whats goin on?” so i woke up and went back to sleep :)

i knew a guy that was using max/msp to use his webcam to control midi parameters, it would alter them with movement & different colors.

i imagine pure data could do the same (plus its free) to record your movement and could also be used to play samples at a predetermined times of someone asking you questions , then record any input from a microphone to seperate wavs, for you to review later on. not sure but i think 90 minutes is the average for going into rem sleep.
might be a good idea to ask someone on the puredata.org site if they could do this for you. because for someone new to it, it wouldnt be very easy.
although if you did the pay off is tremendous.

Let me add…
If possible, awakening should happen spontaneously.
There have been records of even bad-violent reactions in those forced to wake up during sleepwalks…

don’t know if this counts, but…
once i woke up and my brother came in, telling me his trip to mexico was allright. the day before, he and some friends flew to mexico.
i was sure i was awake, and was a little surprised, because he left one day before and the trip should last for 2 weeks.
i fell asleep again, and the next day, i was exited to know what happened. ran over to see him, but he wasn’t there.
it was just a dream. or… i don’t know. strange things happen when you’re sleeping… i was sure i was awake at the moment i saw him.
i had a lot of strange “encounters” while sleeping. like beeing sure to be awake and listening to strange radio shows, but the next day i knew it just could have been a dream.

don’t know what the kid was dreaming the moment he was banging his head against the wall like described a few posts above, but i would for sure like to have a camera while having some of this strange dreams…

edit: oops. the way i wrote it, it sounded like something happened to my brother, but he came back fine two weeks later. :)

sqeetz:

more than likely you were lucid dreaming, i use to do this all the time when i was a teenager. i would put some musky cologne on my pillow,write down or go through the days events backwards in great detail moment to moment. and write on my hand what i wanted to do in list form. 99% of the time it worked. here lately ive been conditioning myself to start up again, i havent been successful, but ive been very very close and my dreams have become very vivid again.
also the best way to take control of your dream is to look at your hands.
if your ever successful, and start to realize your dreaming yell “im dreaming!” you’ll notice theres no echo.

:) thanks. i’ll try. i have very often dreams where i just was aware that it was a dream after waking up. things like “multiple waking up’s” included.