Bluetooth headphones and Renoise, any good solution?

I wanted to use my bluetooth headphones with Renoise, so i bought a USB bluetooth adapter i thought should solve my problem, but this just acts like a separate soundcard which doesn’t work at all with Renoise. It just hangs and i got maybe 3 seconds of audio in slow motion after 5 attempts, so that doesn’t really do it for me.
I looked at some other options that you could connect to aux input of a car radio to play songs from your mobile, but i’m just not sure i have found one that actually works with the headphones output that can send audio to my bluetooth headphones.

Can any of you recommend a device that saves my day?

Sorry, can’t recommend anything, just want to tell that it is the same for me with a build in (DELL laptop) bluetooth module and bluetooth headphones. Haven’t tried with other DAWs, but i don’t think this is a problem with Renoise, i guess it’s more a restriction of the bluetooth eco system.

1 Like

Bluetooth isn’t a good idea. It has too much latency (adding to the computer latency) and it’s optimized for basic hi-fi usage and not music production

Maaaaybe with Asio4all…

1 Like

I recently saw this review bestadvisers.co.uk/betron-headphones/ there are two bluetooth variants

If your sound card has digital connections, you can connect it to a bluetooth gamer headset.
use an old turtle beach ear force x41, need no driver, don’t hear Latency

I already have the headphones, i only wanted to find a way to make sound go from my PC to my headphones through bluetooth. I already have much better studio headphones, so connecting it with a cable would be pretty pointless. I’m not gonna use it to mix my songs, it’s purely for listening while doing other things at the same time. :wink:

I was hoping to find a device that you could plug into the headphones jack and then send the audio to my headphones.
I think i have found a device that does exactly this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33062371372.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6d9ee1846KPoLI&algo_pvid=399ea96d-1050-4e8f-8dc3-1e114020a053&algo_expid=399ea96d-1050-4e8f-8dc3-1e114020a053-0&btsid=36f23c98-332d-4eb5-979f-e6721d98afbd&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_52
hopefully that will solve my problem.

Totally valid to always check material through the private resort of sub-adequate systems, to get an idea about how stuff sounds with bad gear. You get messy mp3 like compression for free listening through bluetooth. And latency…

Maybe a “bluetooth transmitter” device can help you, if you have trouble setting up the audio system to use bluetooth.

I have hooked up all my little helpers to a 4-way headphone amp with volume control for each channel. No replug devices or resetup audio settings…

1 Like

The device i linked to in that awfully large url is supposed to be such a device, a bluetooth transmitter with an audio input.