Brand Spanking New Renoise (irc) Chat Room!

That’s funny… He was quoting the stuff from the EN Wikipedia site on Renoise. Incidently I originally wrote those words he was quoting. Weird to see your work being spat out again by someone else.

anyone still using this regularly? i’ve been idling there nearly a week without anyone even saying hi…

I’m quite regular in the weekends. The channel activity, like in every channel populated by people who also have something else to do other than chat, can be very variable :)

I don’t know if anyone else has a shell account here, but it might be a good idea to detach another bot in the channel. You know how easy it is to takeover a channel when a net split occurs. Seems a bit easier as well when there are fewer bots.

Not sure if this still happens or not. Aside from stopping by #renoise I haven’t irced in many years.

another bot?

I thought that channels, as for nicknames, were subject to registration on esper.net?! :unsure:

He’s reffering to “Riding the Netsplit”… a method of channel takeover whereby someone receives +o status by being the first to join an empty channel after a netsplit, then when the networks rejoin, they keep their status, and are able to remove all the other ops, and maintain their founder status. This only works on older networks, however, as newer ones check channel creation timestamps to see which one is legitimate, deoping any false ops on rejoin.