Bt'S Questionable Patent

well he did invent retriggering, i dont see the problem…

He’s just trying to grab the attention of all the The King’s Speech fans.

BT was still crawling around in diapers the day retriggering got invented.

Sometimes I feel the world is a freakin playground.
-Me first!!
-No, me!!!
-bebbebebebe!!!
-babababaaa!!
They just use more advanced words.

hehehehehe pretty good :)

haha damn, that guy is hella cool

these pop “musicians” reeeeally need to get their head out of their ass.

even if bt had “invented” retrig…

did kraftwerk patent the vocoder?
did Grandmaster Flash patent backspinning?
did skinny puppy patent MIDI?

the guy’s clearly insecure about his actual talent, or he wouldn’t have gone for this in the first place. what a douche.

man kids these days are reaaaaaly missing out on what music can be about.

As you can’t patent a protocol not even Dave Smith owns that one :P

This kind of things suck. I must patent God! (some “gurus” have patented meditations techniques know in the India from thousands of years)

Going OT: I dont understand the hate about “pop music”. First, pop music is a very blur concept, for some people Britney Spears, Frank Zappa, Slipknot, King Crimson, Aphex Twin, etc. all of them are in that category. Fuck, I think is more easy to tell what is Music.

But, I will suppose that pop music is Lady Gaga, Katy Perry (I love that girl!), Eminem, etc. Some of them take some effect and make wide use it, so, the effect is no more a novel thing. But the “IDM”, Acid, electronica people makes the same thing.
Kraftwerk remains very original to me, I can enjoy their music and I give a f**k about all these people using vocoders, robotic rythms, etc.

alright. skinny puppy also chose not to patent gated pads, or pitch-shifting harmonized vocals, or distorting tape loops or …
I think I’ve made my point :P

BT - oh dear, can’t actually beleive I bought a vinyl of his years ago, how did this guy get so big? He looks like such a ponce too - not that that matters, it’s about the music right? :)

Gotta admit that I’m intruiged by the plugin though - it’s just way too overpriced.