Bug in multitap delay , does not write automation in pattern ( tap 2-3-4)

None of the controls for tap 2-3-4 are writing automation in the pattern ( right mouse button ), only tap 1 works
Regular automation lines work .

INteresting , it does record the following parameters

-L and R feedback
-Amount
-Input source
-INput tap 1
From there one , nonthing is registered for the rest of the effect .
Is there a limit on the number of parameters that can be recorded in the pattern?
My memory is getting hazy

I just tried this and on my end I automated over 40 parameters of the multitap delay, then I got bored. It’s an otherwise blank Renoise file. So if there is a upper limit to the amount of automated parameters I certainly didn’t hit it.

edit: Oh, I ended up recording in the automation window, if that makes a difference.

Yes, there is a limit: 1+35 (it’s not a bug!). This is due to the alphabet, from “1-9 & A to Z” to direct the first 35 parameters of the 90 that the Multitap has. Most devices do not reach this limit. “0” is for enable/bypass the device.

This limit is only in the Pattern Editor, because it uses numbers and letters. Use the Automation Editor to avoid this limit, since it does not use parameters, but points in an array.

In case there are any doubts, the parameter consists of 4 characters xyzz:

• x, the number of the device.
  • y, the number of the parameter. All devices always have the same parameter order. They are represented from 0 to 9 & A to Z.
  • zz, the amount of the parameter, which is highly variable depending on it.

You have to look at “y” the number of the parameter:
0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z, 10 numbers & 26 letters (a character only).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.