[Buggy Plug] Zynaddsubfx Vsti Plugin Crashes On Quit.

I installed the ZynAddSubFX plugin because i’m cheap and when i close Renoise with it used in a song I get the Renoise plugin server has stopped message with the details APPCRASH.
I understand this is most likely the VSTi causing the issue. Does anyone know how to stop this from appearing as the Renoise logs should be sufficient if I need to have a crash log.

I’m using win 7 64 and 2.8b5.

edit: can this topic be moved.

Let’s try to find out if it does this in other hosts too. If it’s a problem in Renoise, try to fix the problem. If it’s a bug in the plugin, report it to the developers of the plugin. Such bugs in/with plugins can ruin all your songs. This is nothing which should be ignored.

Which ZynAddSubFX version are you using? Does it always crash when simply loading and unloading it?
If this only happens with a specific song, would you mind sharing it?

OK i’m using B6 now on Win 7 64.
I’m using ZynAddSubFX VST v2.4.1.480beta from http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277

It crashes when I exit renoise.

the windows crash log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AudioPluginServer32.exe
Application Version: 2.8.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f1059a6
Fault Module Name: ZynAddSubFX.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4db98c8c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 1013d96b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I don’t see anything in Log.txt from Renoise.

Are there meant to be AudioPluginServer32 processes in use after Renoise is closed? I have 4 running at the moment.
I’ve once had an error saying Renoise can’t use a plugin or start, not quite sure. I killed the processes to get it going.

It’s a know bug in the plugin and they are already looking for a solution (I think): See http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195 search for “unloading crash bug”

Definitely can’t and don’t want to remove or suppress the error message for such bugs. It’s important that they get fixed. If they do not get fixed, you should avoid using the plugin. As the friendly message box says: such crashes can ruin your whole song with a bit of bad luck.