Buying A New Licence

renoise team,

i would like to renew my licence. i think renoise 2.0 is such a huge step in development i think you should get payed. for those of us who can afford 50 euro to upgrade our licence before i actually have to, how do we go about this?

is there a paypal account we can transfer to? if this is possible, that would be gold. or just a simple donation button (which allready exists maybe?).

please let me know, and if there are others who feel the same way… join this thread.

klaus

I feel the same way and once I have my pay I will join you, okay?

I suggest licenses should be like buying gas for a car (note, I don’t drive a car, it’s just a metaphor)

You don’t always wait until the gas tank is empty before filling up, and sometimes fuel prices go up so it’s best to buy before they do.

Since a license lasts for a whole version. [i.e. 1.2 up until 2.2] People should be allowed to “fill up” their license [i.e. I buy now, I get a my upgrades until 3.0 instead of gambling at 2.2 that the program costs more or the dollar -> euro exchange is even worse]

… except that 1 litre costs as much as a gallon ;) or ten

yeah, this would somewhat work. it all depends on how the renoise team see pricing would work… but yes, if i bought a new renoise licence now, and it would be valid up until 3.0 - i would do it.

regardless, i think the amount of new stuff being put into renoise for each .1 release is so considerable that the pricing model of today should be changed. i realize it cannot be changed for current customers, however - every new licence bought from now on should perhaps go in .5 increments.

we all want the renoise team to keep doing the fantastic job they allready are, and some extra money to spend on women and beers would maybe boost their morale every now and then :)

cheers!

Then you have some Beta time to consider.
License upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 counts when 2.0 has the status Final which it currently not has.

my ultimate point is that i want to give the renoise team some money :) i even think every single + .1 release so far is worth a new licence.

so put up a paypal donate button for us please… i think it will come in handy :)

One reason projects like this often don’t have that option available is because there could be things like “Here’s my $200 and you better not add that piano-roll by the way.” Or, “Have this money, and I really want x feature.”

Yeah same here, i discussed it with Pulsar he said that for me i should renew my license AFTER Renoise 2.0 comes out. because im a registered user since Renoise 1.0. (Since the very beginning after Arguru’s NoiseTrekker 2).

A Donate button would come in handy. Renoise now could be worth 100 euros easily. Best tracker atm.

Agree with Trackah123, Renoise is really a bargain. And the changes we’ve had since 1.0 is mindblowing. 7 years or so between upgrades is insanely generous. It’s actually the cheapest license I have for all my audio-softs, I wonder how many of the other DAWs that are cheaper than their plugins.

Hell, there can be 2 version for the next upgrade: “Donate” version €100 for those who want to donate and “Standard” version €50 for those who are comfortable with the current pricing. Maybe a merchandise item to differ the versions.

We’ve had this debate before. And at length. Respect the man’s right to charge whatever he wants, however he wants.

True, True :)

I am sure the devs are flattered when someone wish to give them more money than they ask for. In return, maybe we should accept this generosity by not trying to give them more money.

Still… that doesn’t mean one cannot be nice in return:

*Buy a licence as a gift for a friend or two!
*Send some flowers, a cake or a singing telegram to the devs!
*Or just a postcard

Anyway.

Taktik’s adress is simply readable from here:
http://www.renoise.com/imprint/

Well at least i try to talk everyone into Renoise those who like Trackers :) Its a form of advertisement i think.

Second that! Its still most satisfying when I visit the forums and listen to some great songs in the Songs forum. Thats what Renoise was/is made for, isn’t it? To see that this works is just beautiful. Take a look at the other Sequences song forums and compare the crap with what we have here. This is what makes me proud and is far more worth than any donations.

But: We will sell upgrade licenses from the next .1 release on (when we need them the first time). No one will stop you from buying 4 or more upgrades (till Renoise 6.0) then if you want to express your thanks this way.

Paypal and other donation: We’ve already discussed this. No, I don’t want that people think they can buy features. Read the full story here: New Founding Idea for Renoise

I accept donations for making more music!! :D

Nahh, buying features is no good of course. Donation is just giving money to express a big thank you and all the hard work and efforts put into it.

Anyway after 2.0 im going to extend my license and track on! :D

How about BeatBattle? :D

But yeah, post it up and let’s see who goes for it, beta compo sounds like a cool idea. :)

BetaBattle would also be useful for making people find bugs. :)