Buying Renoise as a gift?

I’m aware of a previous topic asking the same question, but it’s kinda old and I don’t know if things have stayed the same.

Is it possible to buy renoise as a gift? I’ve taken the purchase process as far as I could without entering payment info and I haven’t seen the option so far.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I’ve gifted copies to numerous people before, so I know it was once possible.

The option seems to have been removed.

Avangate still offer gift purchases,according to their FAQ

Maybe there is a way for a Renoise admin to enable/disable it in the Avangate vendor settings?

Maybe there is a reason they removed it! :open_mouth:

The option is still there but unfortunately it’s a bit hidden.

In the second order page, you can enter an additional “Delivery address”. The Renoise backstage account will then be created for this name, address and email instead of using the billing address which you’ve provided in the first order page.

I’ve gifted copies to numerous people before

You are cool in my book.

The option is still there but unfortunately it’s a bit hidden.

In the second order page, you can enter an additional “Delivery address”. The Renoise backstage account will then be created for this name, address and email instead of using the billing address which you’ve provided in the first order page.

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean I need to know all the personal information of whoever I’m gifting it to?

Does this mean I need to know all the personal information of whoever I’m gifting it to?

Correct. You’ll need their first and last name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.

Technically, only name and email is needed for the license, but if the person ever loses access to their Backstage account in the future (when changing emails, for example), then we’ll need some extra info to help identify them as the license owner.

Correct. You’ll need their first and last name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.

Thanks for the data!