Can Anybody Give Me Renoise 1.25?

I make test song it show this bug, and i can give you renoise 1.25 for testing if you do not have it. Except cpu load bug, renoise 1.5 have memory load bug. It make swaps in work with interface with my songs, and make it everytime. On computer with 512mb, i think it’s ubnormal situation. Sorry, i understand make this software is hard work for you, but this bugs is very unpleasant for me.

Not for me. I had almost equal results in playing with all the versions. And UI was much faster on 1.5.

P.S Taktik check your mail i send some additional information for you.

I has tired wait for ideal tracker, and i has bored to see as all new versions of renoise become slowly and slowly. I think many peoples think this is normal practice new soft = new hardware. And nobody don’t want make disscussions about that. Becouse majority users is beginners. And pro’s do not visit forums or do not visit it often, becouse they work and do not have time for this. But i need fastest soft right now. And in this situation i has solved what best decision of the problem will not to divorce to debates but simply ask for this soft to anybody. And adapt my work methods for old but 100% reliable version of renoise. I hope you can understand me.

“Let me try to say it more straight in the face:
You want a older version as to solve your problems, but you don’t care about us trying to fix it in 1.5. That’s just wrong. I hope your mail to Taktik was a step in the good direction.”

I answer to your post without this addition. I hope too, but i think fix of this problem will not occur soon.

If splajn has the 1.5 version and wants to share it, its ok with me in this special case. Nevertheless it would be great if you could help us finding out what exactly is wrong.

To be a little bit more constructive:
What Soundcard/Type do you use? If you use ASIO, then try choosing a higher buffersize. This can affect the overall performance.
1.25 had a hardwired buffersize, which could lead to better performance, but on the other side didnt allowed as small buffersizes which are possible now. Everything has its good and bad sides.

Taktik:

“If splajn has the 1.5 version and wants to share it, its ok with me”

May be version 1.25? BTW i find and test unregistered version 1.261 it have equal cpu load with 1.25 and can be used too.

"What Soundcard/Type do you use?

Audigy 2 & KX driver. mode 48khz (8+8) buffersize 43ms.

“If you use ASIO, then try choosing a higher buffersize.”

Taktik I work with trackers 10 years and from it is 3 years with Mad Tracker and 2.5 years with Renoise. And know features of Renoise very good. Maybe not much as you, but good anyway…

“1.25 had a hardwired buffersize, which could lead to better performance, but on the other side didnt allowed as small buffersizes which are possible now. Everything has its good and bad sides.”

I make delay compensation effects in my work and have average delay 100-150ms in any events. This is not critical parameter.

Ooops. Sorry. I meant “1.25” of course.

Not sure if I get you. That you already have tried this with no effect?

EternalEngine, i don’t know exactly how it’s in your case, but maybe you can render some parts of your song to wav (make use of render selection to sample feature) and decrease CPU load that way? Like track “freeze” function is Cubase, CooleEdit etc

taktik:
"Not sure if I get you. That you already have tried this with no effect? "

Some effects make delay for their calculations and sum of this calculations in my dsp combination is 90-120ms. For example it can be multiband compressor or rms maximizer limiter. Some other effects can do delay compensation in situtions when it needed. Delay for bufering in my Renoise is set to 60-70ms for directsound driver or set to 43ms for asio. Normal sum of delays in my song+renoise is 100-150ms, or can reach 200-250 in heavy dsp combinations.

trackit:
I like realtime and can’t use freeze becouse of some reasons.

splajn:
Taktik is give his permit to you. I wait for your reply or mail.

We all like realtime, too bad our equipment don’t like it :)

I´ll email it to you.

Just made a test tune myself, and I could not find that 1.5 should be more cpu intensive.

So don’t expect any miracles…

Miracle is happened, all work and work good. :) Biiig thanks. Check your mail i send some question to you. ;)

P.S. Taktik, if i can do some help for find and fix this bug you always can contact with me via e-mail.

Hey Eternal engine do you find Renoise 1.25 less heavy?

Because I got the opposite results when I did a kind of serious test.

Many peoples say thay have other results. But in my system version 1.25 is the fastest version. It checked with very many combinations of vst and vsti, and this is true. May be this is strange fact but this is fact. ;)

Hooray! I’m not lonely with my problems, and this make chance for suññessfull bugfix in new versions. :)