Can I start a Renoise YouTube?

I want to start a an ongoing YouTube series for Renoise. Starting with the simple basic how-tos. Then moving on to some more detailed topics and tips and tricks.

Aside from the basics like go get a YouTube account and some video recording software. Is there anything else I need to know before I start posting a series of videos about a program that I use on a regular basis but otherwise am not part of?

Do I need a disclaimer of any sort stating that the views and vocabulary expressed in this video do not reflect the views of the Renoise company and blahdiblah, whatever those cover your ass disclaimers usually entail.

I plan to create a sample video of what I am looking to do. I’ll post it when I get around to it.

-VifyrV

Man just do it. Lots of people have done it. Just put out quality work. Anything to help with exposure of the tracker is a plus.

You just need to give your renoise YouTube channel some good ol hearty tender loving care and believe in yourself. That’s all. You have what it takes.

I think its a good idea! Most of the Renoise stuff on YouTube is pretty… Well, not that good, in my opinion! (No offence to anyone who put it there, sorry!!!)

Besides that its straightforward and easy and not too long i think the most important thing is that the quality of the sound and the video is up to date. Also keep the level of the voice vs the music the same!

let me know how you manage to do this, tried doing it a couple times but getting the audio all recorded is proving quite tricky

Most of the Renoise stuff on YouTube is pretty… Well, not that good, in my opinion! (No offence to anyone who put it there, sorry!!!)

Just out of curiosity, are you referring to the videos on our YouTube channel, or to videos posted by other people on their own personal channels?

If you’ve got some constructive feedback, we’d love to hear it.

Do I need a disclaimer of any sort (…)

As long as it’s clear that it’s your own video, and you don’t intentionally try to make your videos look like “official” Renoise content, then I think we’re fine with it :wink:

Just out of If you’ve got some constructive feedback, we’d love to hear it.

First of all I am no expert at making youtube videos and find my own unbelievably painfull to sit through. As I’m sure you do too!

The renoise ones are good and clear, but I think they need to be…less formal…or…more fun? I think for most people music making it a leisure activity, so it should have elements to inspire people creativly.

I’m certainly up for helping on some Renoise vids yourlocalloser

Looking forward to that! :slight_smile:

I too am going to create a Renoise tutorial thing, I’ve done similarly in OBS’s recording function but afaik I’m not sure how to do the Renoise channel’s style of editing where you zoom in on the cursor and also (probably the most useful part) keyboard logging on-screen.

The renoise ones are good and clear, but I think they need to be…less formal…or…more fun? I think for most people music making it a leisure activity, so it should have elements to inspire people creativly.

This is plan going forward. Getting the basics down _has_to be done in a no-nonsense fashion, but once you can assume the viewer has the necessary knowledge to follow along, then you can branch out more.

I too am going to create a Renoise tutorial thing, I’ve done similarly in OBS’s recording function but afaik I’m not sure how to do the Renoise channel’s style of editing where you zoom in on the cursor and also (probably the most useful part) keyboard logging on-screen.

It’s done using Camtasia Studio.

I like the existing official videos, I prefer their no-nonsense style, but there’s plenty of stuff they don’t cover.

My constructive feedback: make more of them. Also: break them up into well-titled chunks so they can be a troubleshooting/reference thing.

I’d say a good blueprint to follow is sonicstate - they are very through and manage to be informal but highly informative

https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicstate

Sorry i didnt reply to this earlier. I think the official ones from Renoise team are good, but yeah a bit formal but thats ok. We just need more!! :slight_smile:

I think that we need more creative stuff as well, like how to use phrases and modulation and stuff!

Theres alot of youtube tuts about almost everything audio related… Was just watching a 30 min tut about how to make 80s drums in FLStudio. It could easily been shortened to 5 mins, you know what i mean? Make them a bit professional but still interesting, and edit them so they wont be too long. Its possible to pause the video and reverse if you are not following…

This is pretty good as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgLybmWyg1k

Make it with a pedagocial approach as well…

My personal favourite tutorials of all time are by a guy called HYDLIDE who does Reason tutorials.

Hes been doing videos for years and makes me laugh as much as I learn…and generally sounds like he doesnt give a flying fck about anything