Can No Longer "record What I Hear"..

I’ve been using Renoise to record audio samples on my pc coming from movie clips and games, but for some reason this no longer works for me. The only thing I’ve recently done was installing midiyoke, but after removing it still doesn’t work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I’m thinking it must be a driver or routing problem, but have no idea how to make it work again.

Usually this is something you have to configure on your Audio card driver control.
I have an ESI ESP 1010e which comes with DirectWire patch console where i can patch outputs from e.g. MME drivers to the inputs of the ASIO driver of that same soundcard.
I think something must have changed on a similar area on your soundcard. (Or it could be a stereo mixdown option that isn’t toggled)
MidiYoke should not have any affect on your audio card drivers accept perhaps on the Midi area.

Thanks vV! It does work when using my m-audio external soundcard, but I used to also do it when using my laptops on board sound, which is what’s no longer working. I guess I’ll just have to start carrying my external card with me.