Can We Have Two Song Forums?

Actually you’ve got an argument there… but on the other hand, I couldn’t imagine a trancetune in the elevator. :blink:

No genre makes you become cool or have the largest dick on the forum*

*) especially the genre everybody and their grandmother appears to be making. :D

Just kidding, I love you all. :wub:

make 3 song forums:
the good, the bad & the ugly. :)

Back in the late 90s / early 00s I was making music in a tracking scene that was heavily dominated by trance, house, a bit of metal, jungle, dnb and chip-tunes. I didn’t happen to make music that fit into any of those boxes. So I had a hard time in finding anyone who would vibe with my music.

I felt a little lost in the flood. Popular energy surging forward with it’s full spectrum of good and bad, but still largely boxed and exclusive in it’s ideology. Those outside the box were mostly drowned out- only a very select few shone through (insert essay here as to why).

Fast forward to 2008. People now value music less. It has less commercial value. Attention spans due to technological change are shorter than ever. So we have our new flavours of the moment: Dubstep, Breakcore, Minimal Techno, etc. I’m not a participant of those boxes either.

The topic is no serious suggestion. Personally I’m just wondering out loud if I belong on Earth or not.

start a poll?

No, any song database/forum should have genre “tagging”, true to the web 2.0 spirit ta-daaa
Then, I’d tag music with Foo? labels :P

Just wondering what the reasoning is behind having the song forum here and also the “Songs” section of the “Community” tab? Everything in the “Songs” section is already tagged with a genre (about 113 different ones if I counted correctly). Maybe these two things should be combined in some way? Whatever…

For the record I was trying to stay out of this conversation all together since genres are usually the invention/crutch of lame critics. ;)

Also, I have the word BR3@KC0R3!!!11!!!11 in both my avatar and sig so any argument I might make is kind of doomed from the outset… :rolleyes:

:drummer: <— bcore FTW

EDIT: I just realized that even with ~113 genres in the “Songs” section not one is Breakcore. LAWLS

nm

Seriously dude… you shouldn’t worry so much about what other people think or feel about art in general.
If there are two pumpkins and a pancake enjoying whatever it is you’re doing, you should thank God or
Bog on your bare fukking knees. A lot of artists in many different artforms are so busy to stay out of any
box, that they squeeze the whole world into one themselves.

Please let everyone do their thing and remember:
“There is no good and bad music. There is only vibe and those too weak to seek it.”

I know what Foo mean.

I try to make all kind of music genre´s for me its a fun challenge and its broadening my horizons…

I guess its up to people like us to show that Renoise is not only for breakcore but unfortunatly I hardly ever finish anything…

To my experience, if you make something that you really think is good and complete, it will always find it’s way to someone who will know how to appreciate it. I have questioned a lot of things that I did that I feared were maybe too offbeat or f*cked up to have any value in a classical sense, but it invariably turned out that it was all well worth it.
And yes, it kinda sucks that people tend to make samey stuff and take pride in having a label stuck onto their forehead.
It doesn’t really matter tho, as long as they’re enjoying what they do.

I this is why I <3 Kaneel. :wub:

stupid self absorbed musicians…
maybe you should try goth poetry

Je suis la poubelle qui marche la nuit et qui attends le jour de la tourette

• monsieur cannibale

Victor Hugo lived in Avellino, Italy, for some months when he was young, so he does definitely rule you all (except me, because I was born and live in Avellino, Italy).

He didn’t make any breakcore tune, to top it.

Actually it would be nice if the subject line simply stated the title of the song and the thread subtitle listed the genre and that if you post to that forum, the genre is actually defined by 2 pulldown boxes (because not all songs can be pidgeonholed into one catagory).

Like this?:

Oh how I love
the feel of her exquisitely adorned figure
held close to mine
the flicker of the chandler making her hazel eyes glitter
she presses her teeth into my neck
my body writhes in waves of pleasure
my hands around her corset, tight
and as she draws away I gasp and fall
onto the bed
she whispers in my ear “you’ll have to wait a bit for more”
and binds my hands and eyes with silk
I hear her walk away
and I wait
nervously anticipating the unknown

No, like this:

Razor in my trembling hand
Cold rain heartlessly washing the blood away
Tiny drops of crimson life juice
Oh, bitter juice of pointless life

My parents will be sorry,
and everyone else.
What does it matter?

oh I SEE the problem… you’re confusing “goth” with “hormonal emotionally distraught teenager”

See, the Gothic subculture is late 70s and early 80s post punk music, Victorian styled decadence, and good 'ol fetishism. Oh wait, I’ve already addressed this in this thread. Damn, don’t you people read?

Are you trying to imply that there are goth persons who are not H.E.D.T. or at least living with their mother?