Can't Initialize 64-bit Version Of Halion Vst

I recently bought a new portable computer.
It’s the Sony VAIO AR-31XY and it runs on windows vista ultimate 64-bit.
Renoise works perfectly as usual, but not when I try to use the recently upgraded Halion VST built for 64-bit.

So I uninstalled it and installed the 32-bit version and that works fine.

I’d love to make use of my pc’s full potential of course so can you maybe check it out?

Thanks
D.

ps. will there be a 64-bit version of Renoise too? ;)

A 64-bit version of Renoise is planned.
For now it has no use to submit a bug-report on using a 64-bit plugin in a 32-bit application as 32-bit applications will never support 64-bit plugins by default.
You may want to try JBridge to use your 64-bit plugin inside Renoise, but you will have some half-assed solution that may not even guarantee 100% same output when you play your songs in a native 64-bit edition of Renoise, once it is released…
But at least it is better than nothing for now i guess.

Here you can find jBridge:
http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

Was just having a rummage to find out what I could for Renoise running on 64-bit OS, what you’re saying sounds like great news - I await with baited breath.

As a sidenote I thought it would be right to mention that none of the 32bit VST’s will work in 64bit Renoise… Which is 99% of currently available VSTs :P

That is the catch, but apparently some don’t mind… and some will probably again jump to JBridge…