Change attack value of volume AHDSR based on velocity

Hello,

I’m trying to change the attack value of an AHDSR in a modulation set of an instrument dynamically based on the input velocity. However, the velocity tracker from the modulation devices doesn’t allow to specify a destination and thus I can only seem to change the value vertically by adding/multiplying to the whole AHDSR. As a workaround, I have mapped the attack value to a macro, which I control from a velocity tracker outside of the instrument in the track dsp chain. In the effects chain of the instrument itself there is unfortunately no “intrument macro” device, to control the instruments macros via the velocity tracker effects device from there. Am I missing something here or is there really no self-contained solution (i.e. without relying on track effects) to achieve what I want to do for an instrument?

1 Like

You can make a doofer in track effects with a macro device inside, save it as a preset, and then open it inside instrument effects chains, then use that to self- contain macro automation using key trackers, LFOs, etc

1 Like

thank you. this actually workls :slight_smile: I wonder though why the “Instrument Macro” device is not exposed in the instrument effects selection when it can be used in such a way…

I have no idea, but at least we can access it inside instrument fx :slight_smile:

1 Like

True. The instrument even works within redux, which seems to have implemented the “Instrument Macro” device under the hood somehow :wink:

1 Like

Sweet! I don’t use redux, but good to know in case I ever migrate