Changing Instrument Lines Only And How To Disable Keyboard As A Midi K

i am having trouble trying to figure out how to change instruments in a pattern track without editing notes and i am guessing it’s because my keyboard acts like a midi keyboard.

for example. i have a bassline track and i want to add in a new instrument to it; so i duplicated the track and would like to add in a different instrument just wanting to edit the instrument line.

thanks in advance!!!

Might be totally off on this one but is this what you mean/want?

edit: that picture turned out smaller than I would’ve wanted: every instrument has a number attacked, well a hex… anyway. and all notes you add have an instrument attached: C-401 = note C-4 on instrument 01.

Hope this is what you meant.

Yeah. I want to change the instrument number on the same track just like the image. I when I hit the a number on my keyboard, i’m actually hitting a note instead of inputing a different value.

Any suggestions?

Yeah. I want to change the instrument number on the same track just like the image. I when I hit the a number on my keyboard, i actually hitting a note instead of inputing a different input.

Any suggestions?

Yeah. I want to change the instrument number on the same track just like the image. I when I hit the a number on my keyboard, i actually hitting a note instead of inputing a different input.

Any suggestions?

I think so.

Don’t type here:

Type here:

I tried typing there, but I can’t change the value. I’ve tried all night but the results were me hitting notes instead of changing values. Shhh this is illing me haha

Maybe this helps…

Esc, try again.

in other words, “you have to be in record mode to edit the pattern”

Yes :rolleyes: I’m not very articulate when I just wake up. :P

just trying to make sure. actually, just trying to cash in on the help you guys already gave haha.

fixe’d for you :lol:

nah. I’d be the first to vote for all the stuff on the left of each post to simply vanish. a name, an avatar, a sig (which one can chose to not display) = moar content, less fail.

hehe.

hope I managed to help you out quangstuh!

everything is okay!

thanks tode and everyone!