ChatGPT (openAI) may turn us into tools

1 Like

Two issues here, Turing’s halting problem and Godel’s incompleteness theorem. There exists no algorithm that can check for correctness or completion and an axiomatic system such as what we have with our formal grammer(s) and symbolic processing is inherently unstable even more so when it is used to describe the system itself. AI will eventually start cannibalizing its own data sets before running on the fumes of its own indigestion. We as humans have a celestial interface that far transcends any such inherently limited machines devoid of any such multidimensional interface built in. Perfection itself is a perfect illusion at least in the human and technical sense, entire engineering disciplines exist without genuinely understanding what happens at the deepest levels, working with abstractions mostly. …

…AI tech sellers are banking on the usual convenience benefits and enticing prospects of our very own sensual addictions as the primary peddling points. As long as money can be made with something, however ludicrous, even the drug seller in your backstreet will try to make a business out of it…

2 Likes

… Which is something I would certainly admire and appreciate when I am having a taste of it on my lips myself :slight_smile: One simply cannot skip the morning cuppa tea.