Check for updates...

I started up Renoise 2.8.1 today after what seems to be a lifetime since last time. Just for the heck of it I tried the “Check for updates…”-feature in the help menu. Renoise told me that I my “Renoise installation is up-to-date.”, BUT when I logged in Backstage on Renoise.com I saw that Reniose 2.8.2. has been released.

So, I guess I’m saying that this feature doesn’t work. I don’t know how it is in 2.8.2. since I’m actually using the latest version now.

Mac OS 10.6.8 & Renoise 2.8.1.

Thanks for pointing this out. Didn’t realize I was a release behind.

The current version on the announcement web-page (and the Demo versions) simply didn’t got updated yet so that’s why the check for updates doesn’t work (yet). It should be a simple thing the devs could adapt any minute, but usually isn’t done in the first place because the devs desire to have it tested by the forum users first (yes you guys get to test this as first). If anything evil happens in this stage, not everybody is affected, whereas when the generic update message is broadcasted, a larger amount of users than desired could be affected.
If no major issues are reported, 2.8.2 could be set to final (which also means the demo version can then be updated) and then the version check should also work for those who did not yet downloaded 2.8.2 from the backstage.

wtf :blink: ^_^

What does this update include? Didn’t knew either it even exists… kinda unexpected christmas surprise. :D

The update was necessary for Mac users that recently updated to the new IOS platform where Renoise 2.8.1 turned very instable.
What comes free with it are the fixed bugs that got reported after Renoise 2.8.1 turned final.
But it is not a major overhaul like you could expect else this release would have been announced a bit bigger (there is still Renoise 3.0 to come).

Ah… ok. Then… carry on.