Chip inspired

I used the nice old YM vst with Renoise, works perfectly for those lovely Atari arpeggios!

Would love some feedback on this one!

Cheers!!

https://soundcloud.com/cfcarter/wish-i-was-in-detroit-1986

A retro 80s sound with a modern glitch beat twist. Nice!

Yeah, thats what i was after in this tune! :slight_smile:

I enjoyed listening to your track. The pauses in beats seem to allow the melody to poke through nicely. I would also agree with HeartBeatHero’s description and add that there is a good flow to this track, both rhythmically and how the melodies build up and relax.

No criticism to add, great work. Enjoy the 80’s vibe. Intrigued. Listening to some of your other tracks now.

I enjoyed listening to your track. The pauses in beats seem to allow the melody to poke through nicely. I would also agree with HeartBeatHero’s description and add that there is a good flow to this track, both rhythmically and how the melodies build up and relax.

No criticism to add, great work. Enjoy the 80’s vibe. Intrigued. Listening to some of your other tracks now.

Thanks! My own critisism is the mix is not 100%. I put it on SC more or less directly after finishing it. A few days later i can hear there’s a few things i could eq a bit more. And then there’s the overall volume compared to other tracks, but thats more to do with mastering and i dont really wanna start with the mastering process myself!

Anyway,thanks alotfor listening!

Thanks! My own critisism is the mix is not 100%. I put it on SC more or less directly after finishing it. A few days later i can hear there’s a few things i could eq a bit more. And then there’s the overall volume compared to other tracks, but thats more to do with mastering and i dont really wanna start with the mastering process myself!

Anyway,thanks alotfor listening!

I feel it best to give my response in regards to the content, irrespective of levels, equalization etc unless these things are noticeably apparent and detrimental to the audio or how the artist wishes them to be perceived. More so, being that we often listen to our own tracks over and over in production, in these departments we generally have an understanding of what it may need. Beyond that scope it is passed on to an engineer, so in my opinion negates me from commenting on it. Or it is that I deem it to be counterproductive, when the mood or feeling that is being conveyed is far more important.

It is helpful to be aware of these things, however I personally prefer to share my feelings of what i take from a track and its composition.

If these things do bother you than by all means pass them on to an engineer, especially if you do not feel comfortable with that process yourself and also any mix can benefit from an engineers magic. But know that it did not colour my opinion. I enjoyed the track regardless.