Continually Changing Time Signatures ?

Hi

I’m trying to compose a piece with changing signatures

e.g. 5/4, 6/4, 4/4, 7/4 etc.

I’ve managed to get the first bar done, but cannot get the metronome work with changing signatures

The metronome beats per bar setting appears to be global for the project, so I can’t get it count properly for alternative signatures within the same project.

e.g set it to “5” and it always counts ONE - two -three - four -five, ONE - two - three - four - five etc., even in bars of 6/4 or 7/4

Am I missing something simple here to solve this problem ?

EDIT Just noticed that LPB in Song Controls is not per pattern, but per song - so what I want is going to be very difficult/impossible in Renoise ?

thanks

The F2xx Pattern Effect changes the LPB. You can have multiple LPBs in a single pattern if you want.

You can change track speeds dynamically using pattern commands:
f0xx - Set BPM (20 - ff)
f1xx - Set lines per beat (01-ff, 00 = stop song)
f2xx - Set tick-rate (01 - 10)

However, for changing time signatures, most people simply create different sized patterns.

Wrong. It’s f1xx :P

Wonderful - thanks folks.

But would using these commands change the metronome’s downbeat emphasis as well ?

At the moment I’m getting by with not using it and just changing pattern length.

Hallelujah! One of the best things in RNS

Not when it comes to different time signatures. But here’s an idea, create a separate track for the metronome. Put the down beat on line “00” and the other ticks every so many lines. When you want to listen to your song/pattern without the metronome, simply mute the track. This should be pretty quick to make, especially after you’ve recorded the metronome sounds and stored them on your HD.

Damn it! Gotta stop posting answers when I don’t have the app in front of me.

Hehehe :P

Yah, for metronomes, as rare as I use them, I usually just lay down a nice metronome track myself. It’s easier to control it that way… so I can do odd metronome timings that remind me of the syncopation I want to use in strange time signatures.

This brings up a fair point: The meternome has no “LPB” style setting. :confused:

Honestly I don’t know, I don’t think I’ve used the metronome ever. But taking a quick glance through, I see there are some settings for the metronome in Preferences>Audio (at the bottom). Beats per bar and LPB, hopefully that’s what you’re looking for.