Controlling The Pitchbend By Automation...

I vote for the option of using automation on my pitchbend, so I can control filter 1 from my sherman.

And YES I am a lazy bastart.

You mean that you don’t want to live record the pitchbend values into the pattern editor?
This is possible as well if you didn’t tried that yet.

Yes I know that is possible, but when I live record it, and I want to tune it afterwarts a bit… that is something I don’t like.

I think it is a really important controller, coz you can route, on most synths, lots of different controllers to the pitch-bend, and than control all those controllers with the pitch-bend.

So you can draw one automation line and change all those controllers in one time.

I’'m loving it…

For me it is something i can’t circumvent in certain cases. When the pitchbend values are way too sensitive for instance. Some VSTI have two pitch scales instead of one or even a full octave.
I just go to the note or line i want the pitchbend being applied to a certain value, i tweak the pitchbend until i have the right value, then press escape and move it a little to let Renoise notice the change, then press Esc again and release the pitch bend.
A perfect pitch is now inserted.
And to restore, i just press esc, pull the pitch and release it to restore it back to value 4000 which is actually quicker then typing in all the values.

It is all craftwork sometimes but i use lots of copy paste actions on the values afterwards (workflow enhancement).

Is it not possible to use the midi-cc device to automate this kind of things? or is it just for external midi-devices? I have not used the cc device that much and I am not at home so I cannot try at the moment.

I love pitchbends and when I was making xm-tunes some years ago I used the porta-up/down commands a lot.

The resolution thing in Renoise can be a problem when writing pitchbend commands in the effectrow though. When I find myself working on a song made at speed 6 and want to throw in a pitchbend it easily becomes steppy and then I curse myself for being such a moron that started making a song at speed 6. Dont know if putting the pitchbend automation in the automation-window will do any difference. But I like it when there are many ways of achieving a result.

There is no pitchbend CC value, pitchbend is an autonomous signal being send in the MIDI chain.
But it would be nice if the pitchbend-signal is added to the device and the device would just be renamed for MIDI control device.
It will add room for SysEx options as well.

+4 from me.

Pitchbend and modulation should be the first controllers in the midi cc device list. A stupid user like me doesn’t care if it’s a real cc or not. I just want to draw the pitchbend, that’s all.

I just go to the note or line i want the pitchbend being applied to a certain value, i tweak the pitchbend until i have the right value, then press escape and move it a little to let Renoise notice the change, then press Esc again and release the pitch bend.
[/quote]

That’s a great way to do it…

I haven’t thought about it like that thanks. I really was breaking my head about how to do it properly.
you pushed me in the right direction. I can applied certain values to some notes and then interpolate between those notes. I think this will work for me just fine, but I still think it can be done quicker by drawing a line in the automation window. But till that time this can be done, I will do it the Vv way.

Any news on automation of the pitchbend?

:dribble:

+1 for the pitch bend and mod device. If I can, I always choose automation over pattern effect commands. I use automation a lot and everytime I do interpolate it takes me out of my game… especially when I playing with values when to start and end and how much and such.