Convince me upgrading to 3.0

correct, i claim mostly about the new instrument interface, usability and keyfocus and screenarangement which makes it very hard to use.

What are these three clicks you’re talking about? I just click the volume and drag to the desired volume. One click.

But those have been around for a while. They’re not new to 3. Also, you don’t have to use them. I typically don’t, and they never get in my way.

Again, add volume LFO, click ‘*’. Two clicks. Methinks you just need some time learning the new interface.

Nopes it is not.
You can apply different chains to the same instrument, you can apply a different effect chain for each individual sample that you have in the instrument for as many that you have and like, you cannot do this with track chains.

@wahrk

-change volume:
move mouse all over the screen to top. 1click to change to sample/instrument window,
move mouse all over the screen to bottom , 2ndclick into volume (slider would be better :( ) -change
hotkey back to track edit or move mouse all over the screen to top again third click,

are you kidding me?

same procedure like above

• 4th click to open modulation

+6th click envelope
+about 10 additional clicks to activate a sustain loop (damn, have figured out that the presets are not saved, BUG! )

so, what about usability ? i see tons of features but o horrible concept of usability.

@vV

if you are at this point you have maybe other problems in your song than a fitting sound/instrument XD

sorry, my arguments are not really in the directions like : its all not needed (ok, for me not,) or not usefull for one time in a year for one instrument, but it degrades the usability and workflow MASSIVE.

I’ve midi-mapped all that shit to a controller, 1 time setting up a template song -> no clicks.

…but he did upgrade, so now all of his money do belong to us mwahwahwah :badteeth:

yes still waiting , the transaction is made , just waiting for confirmation of avantgate , upgraded the 23 …

I’m a little late to the party in this thread but imo the biggest reason to upgrade would be the new envelopes. They seriously rock ass. I got very frustrated with the old envelope system. Mixing LFO and envelopes just didn’t do what I expected it to do in 2.8, making rapid decays was a pain in the ass, you couldn’t disable beat sync, making curved slopes was beyond a pain in the ass. You had to highlight what you wanted to curve, right click, and choose to draw a curve. Then you can’t adjust it, if it’s too short or too long you have to redo the whole thing and just guess at how much to highlight. And if the resolution was too low it would be a shitty curve anyways. 3.0 envelopes blow all that shit out of the water, you can do anything you can imagine with them, and they’re 10x easier to use. The way you can chain them together makes it to where the random lfo is actually useful.

Oh almost forgot one of the biggest things I hated about 2.8 envelopes: permanently stuck on 2 octaves for pitch envelopes. Absolutely nothing you could do about it, one octave up and one down that’s all you got. 3.0 you can set it from 1 to 96.

If 3.0 was absolutely nothing else but this upgrade to the envelopes it would have been enough for me.

Sounds absolutely great …
SO all those that replied …yes I have upgraded my license ,no need anymore to convince me ( waiting for transaction to be confirmed )

Personally I do not think I will spend € 50 to upgrade my license for now, the 2.8.2 version has everything I need since I use mainly rendered vst instruments and individual drum samples. Some new features are interesting, such as resizable windows for automation, sample browser and dsp, while I’m not crazy with the organization of the sample / plugin / midi view, I think a lot of unused space in the interface. I would have liked to see a native effect command
to choose the location of loop start and end points in the sample editor. I hope that soon there will be a lot of news, maybe upgrade to Renoise 3 ;)

Seriously frustrated here , been a week now since ( my bro ) did the transaction trough avangate’s ordering system .
From a belgian account to a dutch account .

Still haven’t received anything .
Anyone else experienced the same with avangate ?
Status says still pending , send numerous emails , no answer , no way I am calling their hotline which is based in canada .
Thanks for dblue for the help so far

Perhaps you can sort something out temporary with the devs? (sending a copy of the transaction data and the received mail from avantgate?)

I had contact with dblue , at the moment they can’t do anything .
They (dblue ) have seen that I have made an update order , but for some reason the payment did not get trough (which was done by my brother ) altough the money has been transferred .
Is it now pending for almost a week …as long that the developers don’t get a confirmation from avangate they can’t do anything .

Now these F@@ck faces from avangate sended me a message asking if I could please vote to improve their help system .
Rofl …been asking them if they can confirm that the money is transferred …not a word .
Serious

You really should upgrade to renoise 3. I assure you, for the sake of mankind. You don’t want our species to existence do you.
Tell you what. I pay your upgrade if that can convince you. and if not all, I buy you a full option recording studio on top of it.

And if you decide in the first 15 min I make the offer more interesting.
Your own private army of musicians and sound engineers to create the music for you.
But be quick. this offer is only valid if you make your order within the first 15min.

So be quick and make your order today. Our phone center is ready and at your service.

Why build a super kit when vst’s all ready provide that?

Listen liberated Mouse , I upgraded a week ago , there were some problems with the transfer .

Like I said I wanted one topic to gather some user information…
So let’s all get along and be friends …because I don’t know you and you don’t know me , For what it’s worth I could be your next door neighbour .or you long lost pal .

Mods can someone close this thread

thank s