Copypaste notes between tracks/instruments

Lets say i have a bunch of different tracks and each one should have its own instrument, a synth plugin and a preset. just to test different sounds with exactly the same notes.

i rekord something on track one and copypaste it to another track. all i see is the midi note and the velocity value and thats what i think i am actually copying. but when i copy it, no matter all or just parts, it copies some information with it to play the first instrument, instead of the others i activated.

first i thought this can be sorted out by the “content mask” part, but it can´t (imho this would be the right place to do so)

so where is the hidden information stored, which copies the command to play the first instrument (synth in this case) and not the actual one in the other track?

and how do i copypaste just the note-informations from one track to another?

is this even possible?

or do i have to record the notes for each track/isntrument by hand?

But, if you uncheck ‘instrument’ in the content mask it does not copy the instrument number. Seriously. So I’m not sure what’s going on. There is nothing in your instrument column? Weird, then.

But you might want to look at the ‘convert notes in’ tool, anyway. Pretty handy. I usually just copy the whole thing and don’t worry about also copying the instrument numbers 'cause I’ll just use the tool to change them all with one click. Well, technically 2 clicks, i guess.

(oops. Actually, it’s named “Convert Instrument Number”…)

http://www.renoise.com/tools/convert-instrument-number

But, if you uncheck ‘instrument’ in the content mask it does not copy the instrument number. Seriously. So I’m not sure what’s going on. There is nothing in your instrument column? Weird, then.

But you might want to look at the ‘convert notes in’ tool, anyway. Pretty handy. I usually just copy the whole thing and don’t worry about also copying the instrument numbers 'cause I’ll just use the tool to change them all with one click. Well, technically 2 clicks, i guess.

(oops. Actually, it’s named “Convert Instrument Number”…)

http://www.renoise.com/tools/convert-instrument-number

doesn not work, until i record at least a single note with the other synths into the tracks. then i can copypaste the notes from track one to any other track and it will play the sound from the synth which are then somehow bound/assigned to its track asf…the tracknumber is then

thx, i will check this tool in detail.

edit//

ok thx for insisting on that. i got it sorted out :D.

double checked this time that the instrument number IS IN FACT not copied. :smiley:

clear case of lazy user derpness haha.

i copied the whole pattern from the pattern matrix first and totally ignored those little TRACKnumbers inside the editor then.

it works as it should!

Oh, I see. I don’t think the content mask works on data copied and pasted inside the matrix, which is kind of too bad.