first of all, once more, to everybody involved, great work, this is a great (beta) release already and I’ve already gotten used to the new letters etc.
Special mentions of some new stuff
- Envelope/LFO editing: I am already asking myself what I was doing without this. YES
- Exciter: no idea what it does exactly but it sounds friggin awesome.
- sliding the scroll to off-view tracks is real sexy.
- grouping, oh i didn’t mention it yet, well, it’s godlike.
- I’ll still use the evil stutter to make stuff sound weird sometimes but Repeater: You rock.
- Automatic renderfile naming, with BPM, Yes.
- Simultaneous spectrum analysis, YES. native Spectogram, YES.
- Section naming, looping, and dragging (!), very good.
Mostly wishlist stuff, haven’t been following the development so… I just got ideas from this beta
- Load “delay” presets into a tap
- Stereo/Mono switch on delays
Mixer context menu:
- Favorites list is sorted ‘wrong’, other way around?
- Open external editor is greyed out on native stuff, I feel it could be left out the menu entirely
- In some circumstance the ‘playhead’ in the sequencer is not accompanied by the ‘edithead’ even while follow is on: when (main view = mixer) and (lower view = dsp chain or song settings)
- Keyboard shortcut and/or LUA bindings for cycling/changing the view
- Keep the sequence loop intact while adding or removing patterns (extend loop when adding inside loop, shove when adding/removing before…)
- When in a certain column and you press Caps while edit is off, it generates a note off signal for that column. Good. Can we have Backspace (for instance) generate a play backwards from current position?
- Backup options; an option to not save backups while edit mode is on?
“Insert” tracks so that these become a ‘subroutine’, that one can call/insert from anywhere in sequencer tracks or even within a (multitap)delay’s feedback loop (a la Reason 6’s echo). Maybe for v3.0