Crack 4 Renoise!

I paid for renoise and am very happy with it. No cracks can change that ever. I don’t pay or use shareware that sucks, there are often free alternatives. In this case I just loved Renoise som much I bought it. Its probably the only shareware I’ll ever buy. You can use almost every feature of renoise for free so it more a moral gain to pay than a usage one anyway. I think many people feel this way so I wouldn’t be to worried about the crack. Maybe even som stupid kids discover renoise this way and in the end ends up paying for it…

I know a few nice girls that have a fine crack :P

I feel very bad about this guy who claims that “demoscene” values should be applied to Renoise. Besdies having been a demoscener for many years I have worked indirectly for the BSA writting campign-texts and supporting their actions.

One thing that I always take as a reference is the price of the operating system, that is around 100 quid. (be it euro, pounds or dollars), yes, there’s a difference because of exchange rates but this is the psychological sweet spot. It is true that MAC OS X costs slightly more (the non-upgrade version of Windows XP too), but you get the picture.

Above 100 quid we are talking about “an application that costs more than the operating system itself!”. And just think everything a modern operating systems gives you; DVD player, Web Browser, etc. When a shareware author asks for example $30 for a silly zip clone I believe it is an utter rip-off. An utility to uncompress zip folders do not even account for 0,01% of the complexity of an operating system itself. It’s luckily built-in since Windows XP (and has been always included in others). I do understand about economics of scale and the laws of supply and demand, but I woud have happily bought the zip utility if its price was something reasonable like $5. (at most!)

When I was a student all my software was pirated (except for some games I’ve bought for my ZX Spectrum when I was 13 years old). But with the pass of time I felt very bad because of the demise of many important packages that I really used, like the Amiga’s ProTracker.

The introduction of Renoise brought tracking to the 21st century. And its price is resonable, when everybody out there was charging $30 for a zip utility they are charging only $45 (less than half the cost of the operating system) for a truley complex application. I am a coder and you cannot really imagine all the work it takes to do something like Renoise, this is not your everyday open source application. Coding is refered often as an art, and Renoise is a proof of it.

Open source software is supported by

1. Students that need a project for their graduations/masters
  2. Guys that live on their parent expenses
  3. Individuals that want visibility (and then are hired by the big fishes; IBM, Sun, etc)
  4. Companies that need to give something “back to the community” for marketing reasons.

But this is not the way the world works. How is that you are alive now reading this forum? Who paid for your clothes when you were a kid? Who paid for your food?. Open source programmers do not raise children, I don’t know why programming should be done for nothing while everyone agrees that you must be paid for flipping burgers. It takes ages to master the art of coding, why is it WRONG to make a living out of it? What is the mantra “code for free and seek another job for your bills”?.

I support open source, I usually agree with my employers to give away part of the source code of my projects to the community. I have also created an persistence open source support library in my free time, but I also need to pay bills (I have no kids yet) and I do it by charging for most of my work.

Most of these guys that claim that all forms of software should be free will probably think differently if they are asked to give away their houses, computers and ipods to the poors.

Best regards,
Ernesto

P.S. By the way, I am registered Renoise user :)

I thought Sexton brought up a brilliant point.

Opensource coding for some is a hobby, but the amount of time someone spends on a project should be compensated.

S> Renoise, this is not your everyday open source application.

I think of Renoise should be grateful to open source. It came from the NoiseTrekker 2 codings, and should be thankful to Arguru.
Granted, Renoise 1.5 is 98% re-written optimized code from NT2, but there was a point where Taktic’s NT3 became Renoise and started costing money.

Re: Crack 4 Renoise!

I think it’s alright if they crack it, and take out the nag screen. They still won’t get a .wav writter.

I registered, and hopefully one day I can make more music and get an ASIO card.

there is 0% left of the old code. everything has been rewritten already.

But dont get this wrong, we are very grateful towards Arguru. Without TWNN/NTK Renoise would not be the same.

beeing nostalgic… i could not resist:

Yes having access to warez gave you the choice to pay or not, but having
a judgement and reasoning makes you responsible for your actions.

Frankly, Billy you should just pony up the 45$ This isnt microsoft
making billion$ and whose future doesnt depend on monetary loss
to hackers. These guys, are the “good guys” and those are pretty
damn scarce these days. And its not for the rest to try to exploit their
abilities and good will.

So yes, simply:
Its imparative that we keep the money flowing to the dev. team so that
they can buy pizzas and coca cola, that they can convert into source code.
:D

PS
45$ is the price of 2.5 cds for chrissakes and it gets you all versions within
hours of compile, while its still smoking + loads more.
DS

Wait, is that trekker thing the prototype Renoise application, or one of the original tracking programs. My ignorance is embarrassing, but inquiring crack heads want to know…

Blessings,
Damon
:blink:

The “noise trekker 2” was a program from 5 years ago that eventually became the begining of Renoise.

2000 - Arguru released this NoiseTrekker 2 program, and eventually released the source code. It was an interesting program, it has a 303-synth built in (like Rebirth). Arguru went on to release a few other tracker programs.

2001 (late)- Around this time, I started getting copies of Taktik’s NoiseTrekker 3 (Renoise alpha/beta version). It was pretty amazing, because of the automated native effects, cool interface AND it played MODs. It ran in 800x600 resolution.

2002 (April 9th) - Renoise, beta version released :)… and my birthday.

2005- Here we are :) feels good to be alive.

so has it been necessary to post a link to a renoise crack (as well as many other cracks) on the official renoise board?

stupid me, i should have removed it in the first place. Absolutely right marc!

Can I be nostalgic too ? :)

Ah my first amiga tracker, Soundtracker 1.1

This is / was the reason why I purchased Renoise. Allot of fond memories tracking.

by the way, what ever happened to that 303 emu?
if i remember correctly, it sounded really neat (although it wasnt really good at emulating the 303)

I think devs left the synth in favour of VST-support.

You can still download Noistrekker 2, and play around with it:

[(http://www.sonicspot.com/noisetrekker/noisetrekker.html<a href=)http://www.sonicspot.com/noisetrekker/nois…html]SonicSpot Noistrekker Download

From what I remember, playing around with the 303 in NT2, it worked. Only the sound wasn’t so good like ‘Rebirth’. Just a low-frequence bass/sine wave or someshit. It was fun.

BUT, I’d love the for Renoise developers to put something like that in, only allow you to open your own samples. Then maybe it will ‘track’ the notes into a specific track.

My tracking tour went from Scream Tracker 1.0 to Scream Tracker 3.2 to Impulse Tracker…

…all in loving memory…

This tracking tour took 12 years, I am 23 now…
Yes I was eleven years with my very own 80836DX33 with 4MB and Weitek coprocessor! A SoundBlaster Clone was my sidekick with bad but nice retronic sound…

Now that I grew up and made many songs… over a thousand of them, I have build up some respect for the definition of tracking.

That is why I glady paid my 45 euro’s.

Yes, everyone uses illegal software… like Microsoft Windows.
I seriously do not know anybody that has everything legal, none of my many friends, none of all the company’s I’ve worked for and no other kind of people I saw only once in my life…

All of the software that I saw was … Microsoft …
And they deserve all the piracy and software theft they can get.
I mean, 200 euro’s for some Windows Installation is sick.

45 euro’s for a professional music tracker is almost heavily underpaid.
60 euro’s could be the price, or 70 even.
Nah, 90 or 100 would be overdone, but 45 euro’s?
Am I rich or something or is the world poor?
:huh:

Don’t you all have a little respect for this hobby that created more fun then all the other software and games? :o

I do not wish to spam about registering this program but I am almost forced to do so! I say you cannot be disapointed to do so!

Get your printout to a bank, show your money and your done.
Oh, you can pay with InternetBanking / Electronic Banking also.
I think it is the hassle you are scared of…

You could lose the money oohhhhh or get hacked ohhh scary.
Now, If you just read the ordering page slowly and do everthing right… the 45 euro’s will be the best money ever spend…

1. Don’t throw money in that stupid candymachine thingy at school/work.
    There is no ReNOiSE licence behind the crispy chips.

2. Have a real girlfriend? tell her that you love her and you need an excuse to
    save 45 euro’s for something that you love almost as much as her.
    If she quits, it wasn’t a good girlfriend afterall.

3. You work hard for you money?
    errr… work harder!!! you need that licence!

4. Put your worth 45 euro gadget on a nice place in the middle of busy public place… see how it becomes stolen… gone… … cracked? hah it is teh same!
    Feel hard about the developers.

5. Go crazy; make some people richer with 45 euro’s. Pick the developers of Renoise. Do not expect a registered Renoise… and then cry out of joy when you get your Renoise licence!
    Act as if you waisted money… then see that you acted stupid when the licence arrives!!!

Respect the Scene, pay for respected software only… steal the rest!
(.)Period!
B)

Yo TerraByte,

I agree with you PAY FOR RENOISE. (well, I think most people will!) you get upgrades, and .wav export.
But also important IS, Don’t let your friends borrow Renoise to copy!!!

I sort of agree and dissagree with that about pirating Microsoft. Microsoft is good. I recently tried Linux, and whatever, (and I use Mac OSX at home), but Microsoft Windows is MOST people’s operating system. They have 20,000 of the country’s best software developers working for Microsoft. Microsoft made it possible (in a way) for mass population to have this technology that is interchangable. (YES, they are a business and they do hard business practices to control market)
But Bill Gates is into technology and his dream to integrate technology is coming true. He’s pretty cool because in my community, he build a Library and History museum with his own money. :)

But … uhm… buy Renoise if you haven’t bought it already! :)

link removed

i found this just a few minutes ago, while looking for a certain tv shows :rolleyes:
anyway im gonna get it to see what it has inside it an see who is taking credit for cracking it if they even did…i’ll post the info when it comes in

well if you figure in what bill gates did at the very begining then theres never a good reason to pay money for any microsoft software.

on the other hand microsoft has brang this world together more than any other
software ever has… along giving technology a really swift kick in the ass.
has even givin the common person the ability to produce practically any kind of media absolute.
although microsoft has done soo much for the world, they have also hindered it.
from making things so easy to do, one does not have any kind of knowledge of what they are actually doing. for instance a guy could burn a hundred cds without ever knowing what a data track is.

when linux finally realizes that in order to take over, it need to be able to run windows programs “better” than windows itself. and when that is widespread over all of the distros as an included function inside linux. along with incredibly vast hardware support it will certainly snowball from then on. it has already gained massive and widespread use among servers and techies, but once its freindly enough for the complete idiot then things will be different.

btw PAY FOR RENOISE dont stoop to bill gates level by being a thief

oh yeah an the majority of ppl that say they hate windows…are still using it.
i use to hate windows to the point of punching my monitor to kicking the box,
but now that i actually know how to use a computer. i dont hate windows at all.

Those options are not in conflict one with the other…
Yes, you speak like money is not a problem to you.
And yes, I don’t know for the whole world but I am actually quite poor :unsure:
Note that in Italy there was nothing such as “changing value” when Euro made its way… What was 5.k Lire before, is now 5 Euro even if 5 euro are = 10.k Lire
<_<
Like having your daily life cost doubled :wacko: