Crash with corrupted bitmap images

Windows 10 x64. This was with the demo because my license just expired. It only happened recently as I use this feature a lot.
Edit mode or not, with song loaded or new song. It’s a sudden crash with no warning…

I tried restarted renoise too many times. Now I think I really broke it. It ask if I want to load the backup because it didn’t shutdown correctly and crashes after clicking yes or no.

I looked at the log: Application: Init OK

Exception: Failed to load bitmap 'C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.3.1\Resources\Skin\Icons/Transport_PatternFollowOff.bmp' (file failed to open or maybe no longer exists).

CrashLog: 0000000000000001: ??? +00000
CrashLog: 0000000000000002: ??? +00000

Application: Caught an unhandled fatal exception (Thread: GUI)!
Application: Saving a backup...

Error Message: A fatal error or crash occurred (unhandled exception in thread: GUI).

I followed that location and found the file. It doesn’t display an image in the folder or image viewer. It just looks corrupted (maybe) and 0 bytes. There are some other images (Transport_NoteColumnOff@1.5x) that are 0 bytes but they are like x1.5 or x4 images. If that means anything

That would explain why it can’t be loaded if some process looks for a bitmap file…
Have you tried to unpack a fresh new archive ? Maybe something went wrong during unzip ?

No. I replaced the Transport_PatternFollowOff.bmp with the Transport_PatternFollowOn.bmp and that seemed fixed it

ok, nice… that’s not usual that a file become empty like this… Maybe there’s something going on with your hard drive, I think you might ensure you have backup for important things :wink:

(even if your drive is in perfect shape, it’s a good advice, tho…)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.