Crashes Or Crackles With Vsts Running On Multi Processors?

maybe an easier way to enable/disable multiprocessors support, such as a checkbox in the instrument properties which will overwirte the XML property, would help people take care of this more by themselves.

of course, people should still be encouraged to report malfunctioning plugins, for which multiprocessors support should be disabled by default.

I like it! Simply and useful
+1

Hello,

Some testing with Albino3 patch5 (arctic pad) with release set to 8.888 resulted into cracling when pressing 2 keys more than 3 times…

The crackling is something I’ve never heard on another sequencer because its something as if the synth was put into a timestretching timetunnel… heh. :) that’s the best I can describe it… :):slight_smile: well anyways it is quite disturbing. I’ll do some a / b testing in the near days how many keys it takes on the same preset to put fruity to its knees…

Also legacycell preset 21 starts to crackle with just 2 keys pressed… But improvements from the 1.8 are audible so it’s going to a really good direction :)

Hi,

Did not manage to make the comparison test with fruity.

I tested the Legacycell and Massive on 1.9 b8 and the same patches resulted into crackling as earlier. (Not sure if the crackles were different than earlier)

(was using a latency of 64 samples.)

yo 029, do these same presets still crackle if you up the buffersize settings for your audio card?

I can’t reproduce the crackles here with albino and the release setting you posted. Can easily strike a nice chordbed. Maybe this is an issue with your computer.

Hi,

It’s not a computer issue. Using the same latency on FLStudio7 I can press all the keys on two octaves without crackling.

And yes it helps if the latency is raised, but I really prefer not to do that when making music. :]

[quote="#<0x00005628552082c0>, post:26, topic:19927"]
And yes it helps if the latency is raised, but I really prefer not to do that when making music. :]
[/quote]

Smallest amount of latency maybe will seem like the ideal thing when keying in melodies, tho if the audio playback crackles obviously not.

I just checked out the lowest possble buffer on my indigo soundcard (64 samples / 1.5 second latency) and the audio also crackles with the artic pad. Upping the buffer to 128 samples gives 2,9 ms latency which is decent enough in my book, and this gets rid of the artifacts.

I don’t really see how Renoise could improve this, seems like an audiocard / system spec related thing. Edit: I just tried the lowest settings in Fruity 6 and there are no crackles indeed! Still room for improvement in Renoises asio handling.</0x00005628552082c0>

crackles occur as soon as there’s at least a 2nd instance of akai quadcomp active when in 2CPU mode.

Could you you give me the VST ID (some numbers - as shown in the log.txt when instantiating this thing)? then I’ll disable the multi core support for it…

i suppose it is this one here?

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate C:\Programme\Steinberg\Vstplugins\QuadComp.dll  
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK (uniqueID:858862179)  

Yes. Thanks…

Eh, I had typed in a post about how Wasp VSTi crackles with 2 instances, but then noticed that there’s a new version (2.2.9.0) that fixes it…

not posted this before now but reaktor seems a bit noisey in renoise.
Got round to doing the same thing in cubase and renoise today and im sure im hearing clicks.

edit…

Sorry this was just clipping in reaktor. Lowering the volume at the right point in the chain sorted it.

I think I found one!

Silkworm (http://www.simple-media.co.uk/music/vsti/vsti.htm): when starting a track which uses this VSTi for it’s main melody I see the CPU-load increase to 99.9% with the audio preference set to 2 CPU’s.

With the amount of CPU’s decreased to 1 it bounces between 55% and 75%, leading to cracking sounds.

The CPU this machine runs is an Intel Core 2 duo processor T7100.

Can others with multiple CPU’s check if they have this issue as well? The VSTi can be downloaded for free at the link above at around 4/5th of the page.

i dont have multiple cpu´s but i will try and see how it behaves on my 1,70ghz

Sorry if I’m messing with this topic, but I have one small, but pretty annoying problem with renoise 2.0. While playing there’re some distortions and crackles are heard from time to time for few seconds. I don’t know the source of this problem… Maybe soundcard - Audigy 2 NX (ext, USB)
I might add, that renoise 1.9.0 works properly.
Will be more than thankful for tips

Hi,

maybe the plugin compatibility options can help you:

look here:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/important-please-read-before-posting-vst-au-dssi-issues/23317

I guess this thread should be closed anyway :) it seems to be outdated :blink: