Create Phrase shortcut

Hi

So i can’t realize basic thing: Where is shortcut for Phrase creation?

1. Create new Sampler instrument

2. Hit Option + R (i’m a mac user) and open Phrase Editor Tab

3. We see “Create Phrase” button

4. How can i set a shortcut for “Create Phrase” button?

Best,

Andrey

I think you can set it in the preferences keys tab, search for phrases and assign your own wished keyboard shortcut.

I think you can set it in the preferences keys tab, search for phrases and assign your own wished keyboard shortcut.

I can’t find it, mate. That’s why i’m asking about it here.

The way I read your post is you want a phrase creation from nothing. i.e. as though you had hit the create phrase button and Renoise supplies its default phrase?

These?

attachicon.gifphrase.png

Of course they require at least a note in either the track/column/selection to accept phrase creation.

However the way I read your post is you want a phrase creation from nothing. i.e. as though you had hit the create phrase button and Renoise supplies its default phrase?

Main problem for me - i have some problems with my wrist and i try to minimize amount of mouse clicks as much as possible. So yeah you’re right: Iwant a phrase creation from nothing, i.e. as though you had hit the create phrase button and Renoise supplies its default phrase.Your idea with creation from selection is more than nothing at this point! Thank you :wink:

A possibility to get you closer to what you want would be to write a simple script in lua and bind the function to a key(s) of your choice. Something along the lines of…

renoise.tool():add_keybinding {
  name = "Pattern Editor:Pattern Operations:Create Phrase",
  invoke = function()
    renoise.song().instruments[renoise.song().selected_instrument_index]:insert_phrase_at(1)
 renoise.app().window.active_middle_frame = renoise.ApplicationWindow.MIDDLE_FRAME_INSTRUMENT_PHRASE_EDITOR
 renoise.song().selected_phrase_index=1
  end
}

But it requires a ‘tool’ :wink: