Feel free to post your WIPs in the WIP thread. No matter if you’re stuck composing-wise, if you need any feedback or advice, if you have a question or if you just want to show something you’re working on. So it seems you got it now, which is good. No expectations at all! Always remind yourself why you’re making music. If there’s no fun, there’s no creativity. It doesn’t work like working on an assembly line. Creativity cannot be forced. That’s why I suggested remixing to restart composing, that’s what I personally do too if I’m mentally too exhausted for creating an original. But it’s fun, and that’s what it’s all about. Here’s another remix from another original. Another hint is just to focus on your favorite styles. Do what you love, you don’t need to prove anything! Personally I could do much more, but I’m only creating my two favorite styles, which is Electro (also on Bandcamp) and Synthwave. I almost forgot to mention the possibility to collab. So if you’re uninspired or unsure how to, you could check here if someone’s willing to collaborate, but in this case the DAW in use probably has to be Renoise. This way you could most likely learn something about using Renoise properly. Everyone in this forum works differently. Years ago I’ve made a couple of songs by collaborating with @Garf , which was interesting and rewarding as well. Expect the unexpected! I still love the result.
2 Likes