D Fast - High Diesel

Been a long time since finished anything, but here you go! 7 minutes 18 seconds worth of hasty old school’ish Drum & Bass.

Downloadable mp3.
Flash player coded by Mick Rippon.
SoundCloud.

Sounds very decent!

The problem is that most of today’s DnB sounds the same imo. Wobble bass here, dirty filtered crushing bass there. Overall a very loud massive compressed sound.

Props for the vocal percussion though!

Very decent sound, a bit on the repetitive side (even for dnb), but very fonkay and very dfast flavoured! I liek!

I’m really liking this track, so I took the liberty of giving you my own personal view.

I like the intro, it builds anticipation and has a nice break right before the beat comes in at 1:02. It reminds me a bit of Spor, as he also has a few tracks that goes full on after building anticipation in the intro.

The groove itself sounds a bit repetitive for my taste though, especially the part from 1:02 to 3:07. I think it’s the kick and snare that does it, so it could help to vary a bit more on the beat as a whole. Personally I find it easier to vary beats if I think of the whole groove as a constantly developing element and not just a looping 64/128-line pattern with random variations here and there.

The bass sounds good! I listened on a pair of Alesis monitors as well as through a pair of AKG 271 studio headphones, and your track certainly seems to deliver in the lower frequency range :)

The melodic bits that come in at 3:08 was a really nice addition, it gives the track a bit more depth and ambient feel, plus it acts as a nice counterweight to all the dark elements. I like how you continue to build on this when the break at 4:18 comes in, I’m really enjoying this part!

All in all, I enjoyed the track. For my own personal taste though, I wouldn’t mind some more variation in the groove of the track. I would also have liked to hear a bit more of the melodic elements, as I’m a huge fan of deep house and ambient DnB. I’m guessing that’s probably why this track left me wanting more…

Keep in mind that this is just my two cents, it’s a great track! :)

Thankies for the comments! And welcome to the forum Bornslip :)

Phat energetic rinse-out when the beat comes in, I like the pad flutters coming in after the 3 minute mark as well. Didn’t feel repetitive as I thought it would be reading the previous comments :) Enough stuff happening for sure. Maybe it could be shorter?