Daily Renoise One Hour Compos

for that exact reason, you’ll be having a byte vs. that-one-person compo unless we advertise more sparse events in advance.

Please make more than one compo per week, I would be interested for about 3, every week.

Can we do one tonight?

if not, tuesday and wednesday night would be awesome.

There should be two compos, one more convenient for europe, and one for Americas or something. Figure something out if you can, I am too silly for things like that. :(

Well we’ve gotta figure something out… we’ve got the software working now… it’s just a matter of setting up times, etc.

http://modarchive.org/extras/irc-stats/renoise.php
it shows the most popular times.

I already posted those peaks in the title/beginning of this topic syfloam :P

oh

The peak doesn’t neccesarily mean that it’s good time for compo as many people are on IRC from work for example.

we gotta have one of the compo days on the weekend.

agreed. a lot of us only have free time during the weekend. this is important when the average number of participants is so small. the statistics show less traffic on weekends, but that’s the OHC-free weekend we’re looking at.

the most popular times shouldn’t be the only criteria. we should select what times are convenient (making weekdays not necessarily the best choice if OHC happen only happened once a week). another thing to consider is that the more OHC’s per week, more likely the average number of participants will be significantly less.

i propose: one OHC during the week and one OHC during the weekend. that’s 8 OHC’s a week.

discuss.

i’m actually more in favor of a weekly OHC during the weekend compared with my previous proposition. it’s the compromise between daily and infrequent compos.

new proposition.

once a week on a selected day on the weekend. trading times between weeks.
example: 1st weekend OCH: saturday @ 9pm
2nd weekend OHC: saturday @ 10am
3rd weekend OCH: saturday @ 9pm
4th weekend OHC: saturday @ 10am
repeat

the criteria considered is regularity so one always knows when the next compo is, and frequency to maximize the number of participants. most important is to have 2 different times so most people can make it to a OHC on a bi-monthly basis. also, avoiding weekdays since, while contrary to the traffic reports, this is not the best time to compo. to quote suva,

please contribute in a constructive manner. the main issue here is organization. i’m trying to make a schedule that is a compromise between many of the requests that have been made so far.

The entire reason I was aiming for peak times was because of time zone issues, and the realization that it’s impossible to cater to everyone.

You have to understand Mushen less frequency probably won’t maximize the number of participants because of the fact that we’re dealing with people from different time zones. Ideal times are relative ;)

frequency of compos and peaks/timezones are separate issues byte. like suva said, most of the high traffic periods are people idling at work during times least conducive to tracking. knowing about a compo in advance does, without a doubt, raise the chance one will participate given that the compos are sufficiently separate. if the compos are daily, most people will only take part in 2 or less a week at best (perhaps you and jbl are the exception). the product of this is many compos with on average maybe 5ish participants or less (also at best) leading to an overall mediocre compo.

to quote somebody i don’t know, “it’s not a party if it happens every night”

that’s why i created a poll. because we can find the most popular ideal tracking times.

Good idea… though unfortunately, you only allow one choice per person :P … perhaps a thread encouraging people to post optimal time ranges in GMT would be better… then we can overlay the data and get a more accurate model ;)

yah true. the polling function is too limited. anyone bored enough to collect the data?

I was actually looking for an open source calendar implementation that could do it, but searching for such things is difficult work.