Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 23

Well I should really of announced over three hours ago so maybe I should give Kurtz my vote and get it over with…

It’s because my track is not very original, and a bit repetitive, musically speaking, that I’ve decided to compensate with technical skills. My few attempts to make a rasta arrangement witth the cool “Beenie Man - Romie-S.B.V.” sample, were failures, (I got problems with the BPM), so I used my last hours to create a native vocoder-like technique and forced the “Beenie Man - Romie-S.B.V.” to sing with something radically different. The sample’s finally so tweaked and transformed through neverending chains, that you don’t recognise it anymore. Your usage of this sample gives a more natural result than mine. The simplicity and the efficiency of your track works very well.

Well I wouldn’t say mine managed to fair any better on any of those point to be true with you, in fact worse in most cases. But I know what you mean about that acapella being hard to work with! It took me lots of tweaking to get it sitting somewhere I was just about happy with, the first bit of vocal not starting anywhere near the first beat of the bar makes it hard to figure out.

You have written “Deadline for voting is 12noon Thursday 20th October.”, that’s two more days of voting. ;)
I’ll go prepare the rope for rhowaldt. :lol:

Man I’m getting slack aren’t I! Think I need a holiday! If voting went to midday thursday I wouldn’t be able to start the next round then would I…

Been busy today! Meant to post my vote and announce Kurtz as the winner this morning assuming nobody else had voted in the interim. Oh well, doing it how instead.

CONGRATULATIONS KURTZ YOU UTTER BAR STAFF!! ;)

Only kidding, you full well know I think you deserve it (otherwise I would of voted for myself innit, maybe even kept quiet about it.)

1. Kazakore
    2. Kurtz

To keep with the usual pattern the next round should be starting tomorrow but with my late announcement I understand if you don’t get your rules to me in time and we need to postpone.

Hey all ! Big thanx for the votes B) !

Okay I’m going to see if I can find something to grab in my 65 GB of quality samples / instruments located in my HD, and prepare a nice & slick samplepack for the next round, even if I’ve no idea for now about the rules.