Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 29

hey td6d ! you’ve got a cool idea ! I often listen massive and heavy sounding dubstep, and the idea to produce a “delicate dupstep” track is an interesting challenge. :walkman:

Point B - Embrionic I would say fits that pretty well. Beautiful track.

You’ve just made me realise I have the track listed wrong on a mix I’ve put it in though (which I’m gonna spam here but the sake of fuckery.)#

A 100bpm example:

http://soundcloud.com/ordure/ordure-subconsciousness

Sounds cool, is there any chance we can get some samples before next Thursday and start early?

I’m not too shure about what defines minimal dubstep, but something like this maybe:

Up to td6d really. ALL rules are flexible and can be changed by the rule-setter (IE previous winner.) ;)

Sure, I think a random samplepack will do, right? (Or should I send some good kicks and a few basic leadsounds?)
I think that example is still rather ‘full’. There’s no dynamics, its just one block of sound compressed to its max.

I’m up for it! Maybe stretch it half a week longer than normal? (I always have to stress out with these competitions :P)

What about the Point B one I posted?

Tech Itch with Ascension and Matt Green/D-Formed with Base Corrupt record labels I would very much call harsh but minimal dubstep. Would call it delicate though and not sure I’m into much of it (although have a record or two.)

Will keep the end point the same so if I get in sorted today it will be almost 2 weeks (unless you object.)

You can throw me some samples if you wish. Or request I try and shape it a certain way… Drums are sometimes a hard one with random (should cut down my samples, deleting some weaker ones) although if you get creative, cutting out hits from breaks etc there is usually a bit of variety. Also most of us should be able to make a semi-reasonable lead from single-cycles, whether included or cut out from existing samples.

Busy busy busy day at work today! Maybe over the weekend, maybe on Monday…

Any rule finetuning you want to send me via PM beforehand td6d?