Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 34

Voting over, good round and turn out. Thank you everybody.

Massive congratulations go out to KURTZ!!! (Again) ;)

1. The Bellows
    2. KURTZ
  2. Clapping Hand

Tracking over, track are in, time to get voting!

Deadline for votes is 12noon, UK time on Tuesday 17th April.

Vote Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?a3ixddso94dcop0

Hi all, apologies for the slightly late start, I didn’t get in until about 6am this morning after being out much of last night urban exploring an abandoned and well derelict hospital and other missions. Anyway onto this week’s competition!

Deadline for submissions is 12noon, UK time Thursday 12th April 2012

Rules:
Tempo: Any
Genre: Any
Time Signature: Any
Compulsory Sample: No sample pack. You are allowed to select three from your own sample library, each of which must be under 10 second, and use these. Cutting, chopping, slicing, layering etc all allowed.
Additional Rules: Renoise only. All features, functions, DSPs etc of Renoise except for: Draw Tool in Sample Editor & Line-In Device. Rendering Selection only allowed for CPU reasons but please keep patterns used in a named section at the end of the song.
Submissions: Please submit links for download to me via PM so we can keep voting closed. .XRNS file must be submitted! Preferably alongside an audio file (mp3 320kbs preferred.)

Any interest in this round? Are people too sorely disappointed to not be provided with a pack of free samples for once? ;)

I’m interested! I like the idea making a song using only three samples.

However,I could easily make a sample containing a kick, snare, high-hat right after eachother and then slice it up and therefore get three instruments from one.

I think taking a drum break and either cutting it into single hits or chopping it up is the recommended way to get your drums for this round ;)

Sure you could yourself put them in from single hits with plenty of dead air between them but at the end of the day you will just feel like you cheated yourself.

Wow, no sample pack… unusual… :huh: dunno what to do… :unsure:

Yes, and not at all, rules are right up my ally, just haven’t been looking into it yet.
I think i’ll have a go at it now and i hope i’ll have something done in time. :)

Think i’ll go for a drumloop, a chip sample and maybe a pad?

Am i allowed to make duplicates of the samples and turn them into different instruments? I feel that’s a bit like cheating, but if everyone else does it… :P

My understanding is Yes You Can. The full, initial message from Clapping Hand where he first outlines the idea of his rule.

We went with you providing the sample from your own collection, rather than 3 from a supplied pack in the end. Maybe a combined length of 10 seconds would have been better but nevermind, I don’t believe anybody is likely to abuse this just to effectively get some extra samples.

Hope this helps clear up any matters.

ok I see I got an idea

Yep you can, the idea is to start off with a limited seleciton of “raw material” and see what you can create from it. So, for instance, I wouldn’t see any problem with you copying a single cycle from a kick drum to use as a chip in a new instrument.

Wow, the possibilities are endless!! ;)

I’m gonna try to use three samples only tho. Just for the sport of it. Prolly gonna end up with fifteen cut out samples just because I said that…

I’m interested, but sort of AFK, i.e. I’m on vacation in Berlin with a tiny notebook with a keypress recognition ratio of 1/2…

it has already taken me 6 hours and I’m only half the job

:eek:

Back home, but somehow instead of selecting some nice samples on my HD, I ended up digitizing old vinyl… :lol:

okay it’s finished :guitar:

compo sent to kazakore via PM

good luck to the other participants !

:walkman:

#$*%&€!!! Forgot about this compo!!!

i hope I’m not the only one… :unsure:

Nice! 8)

Realised I’m at work until 8pm this evening, then afterwards have a meeting about FrenchTek plans in a pub, so likely wont be home until pretty late. Will try and get the pack etc up when home tonight but I can’t promise it wont slip until the morning…

But hopefully that will give time to get a couple more entries in ;)

I threw something together, though it’s a bit half done. :)

Nice, but not productive DDRC-wise… <_<