Dead Dog'S Renoise Competition Round 14

submitted! (i won’t say yet again how awesome this round is/was. people get tired of hearing it)

Hope people are getting on well and enjoying this (if not the sunshine.)

Just a bit of a reminder deadline is Tuesday this time, not the usual Thursday, so don’t forget to submit your work on time ;)

I’m almost finished with mine, but i’m thinking about making it a longer as it’s a bit short at the moment. Also the sound is not optimal and i have made such a mess so it’s hard to fix.
May i ask how many has submitted so far?

Only our furry friend above so far but it’s very rare to get many in before the end of the weekend at least.

Ok, let’s hope the submissions will roll in pretty soon then.

i think i’m the first to submit on maybe 9 out of 10 rounds i join. this week was special as i was free, so no need to wait for the weekend to do the tracking.

I think i’m going insane, why the hell won’t that lead go to the left?

maybe phase issues? track sended to a reverb with large width ? stereo expander ?

I think it must have been a bug of some sort, i went back to another save and there were no problems there. I think it may have solved itself when i reloaded ASIO, not exactly shure.
All send tracks and the main track itself showed the left channel several decibel louder than then the right channel, still it was way louder on the right side in the master. :unsure:

Don’t forget deadline is tomorrow :)

Submitted! Was busy last week, so I didn’t start until last Saturday, and did most of the actual tracking today… still finished in time.
When I read the rules for this round, I was kind of disappointed because I don’t have a “real” microphone; my laptop has a mediocre built-in one that I ended up using though, and I think it didn’t turn out that bad. More fun than I expected, that’s for sure. I’m excited to hear what everybody else came up with using only their voices/mouths/thoraxes. :)

can’t lie this challenge had me unsure of where to start but by the end of my tracking i was pretty satisfied.

EXACTLY! i’m telling you, having quality gear is nice (because it takes some worries off your back), but absolutely not necessary to make something cool.

Damn it! Again, I found out that this thing had started just yesterday… and last month we had untill noon GMT!! that’s an hour more!!
anyways… within 13 minutes i’ll just send my instrumental thing on the way for 2 reasons, my rap is wack, and the .xrns is about 5 times as heavy :P
best rule ever. have 2 nice mics though, nothing professional, a webcam with superb microphone (use it for ambient recordings) and a logitech gamer’s headphones
damn the force of snare is strong with this one had to turn it down 10dB to level :P

edit: btw… i think if there’s enough enthousiasts i’ll organise some compo like this weekly haha!!
edit 2: Dub FX should be the no. 1 example for this: Dub FX

I was a tad late :) excuse to everyone for the weak power in the lyrics, recorded everything sitting instead of standing up :P… and pardon for those who speak dutch because het slaat als een l*l op een drumstel.

Well they usually run every two weeks, as I accidentally extended voting there was actually more time this round to become aware when the next was starting :P

And although I say GMT I usually mean GMT Timezone (taking DST into account) but it usually takes me at least an hour to sort things out and I’m not too strict on matters.

Anyway will get downloading, removing tags and unused files etc once I’m back from breakfast at the greasy spoon. :)

gast, buiten het feit dat je op de renoise-forums toch wel ‘fuck’ kan zeggen zonder bang te worden, hoeft ‘lul’ toch al helemaal niet te worden gecensureerd :)

looking forward to hearing it! and check the forums more often for new DDRC Rounds! just use the ‘view new content’ button in the upper right corner.

I’m eager to hear the results, i hope to hear a Windowlicker 2 or something completely crazy. :w00t:
Can’t say i’m very happy with my track though, it started ok, but then i ran out of weed, killed the mix and did some weird and awful stuff. I really need to learn to mix properly, not just experimenting with everything all the time. :P

I was also surprised to hear the difference between the 32 bit and the 16 bit render, it’s like night and day.

are you kidding me? ah damn, oslo! you need to move to the Netherlands or something.

It’s not really that hard to get some nice smoke here in Oslo, but it costs and i’m a poor student at the moment. :D
I’m also growing some bag-weed now just for the fun of it, but i’m not shure how well that goes. I’ve grown some shrooms earlier, but i have poor experience with plants.