Dealing with "CC Pairs" and hardwired midi mapping

since i use a novation summit with renoise, following questions have risen:

Prerequisites: Renoise 3.3.1, Novation Summit connected via USB, no active midi mappings

• when tweaking Summit’s “OSC1 Course”, Midi CC 14 is being sent to renoise which is happily received by the instrument editor’s Key-Scale option and therefore cycles through its various key options. this happens unintentionally and i have not found a way to stop the instrument editor from receiving this and other CC (CC15 & CC9 will also change scaling / quantization stuff). please let me know if i’m missing something here.

• Summit supports 255 unique values for single parameters like “Frequency Cutoff” and sends CC29 from 0-127 and CC61 toggling between 0 and 64 for every CC29 increment, to end up with 255 different values. afaik it’s called “CC Pairing” and it seems that renoise will always receive the secondary “on/off” portion (CC61) of the pair, which in return ends up in a switch-like behaviour of the learned target parameter, which is of course not what i am looking for. is there a way to edit the CC61 to CC29 afterwards?

thanks in advance.

Just a quick thought with the first issue, have you tried the ‘Ignore specific controllers’ text box in the Renoise midi preferences? Preferences - Renoise User Manual
IDK if you can input 9,14,15 in that box to try and filter those CC’s(?) (Unfortunately this is global though.)

1 Like

yes, that works, thanks mate. still makes me wonder why there is a connection between those CCs and the Instr. Editor in the first place tho.

Yes (can only speculate), I think those controller CC’s (9,14,15) are/were undefined from the ‘standard midi specification’. Maybe Redux is also influence in the decision to have those CC’s map to key-scale etc…IDK