Delete Silence On All Samples

Just a thought,
Would be useful for sorting out the samples and then getting to it! quicksmart
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I would like something like an auto-trim function with a variable threshold. So you make a selection, hit trim and it strips out any excess silence on either end. If no selection is made, it works on the whole sample.

Would get rid of a lot of fidgeting, that’s for sure.

yes, I’d love this.

slightly related to this: allow much more vertical zoom, and display a dB scale!

I already suggested a sample Trim function… I wanted it with options for silence threshold… and the ability to trim either both sides of the sample or only the start or the end. So this gets a +1 from me.

+1 from me… Should be pretty straightforward to implement

I have a related idea, don’t know if it’s already doable in renoise, but here goes.

I’d like to be able to record a sample within a given timeframe ie. you set the length of the recording(in bars/ticks/samples)/make a blank sample of a certain length before starting, then it only records in that timeframe overwriting as it goes if necessary (a rolling recorder if you will). This would be loopy heaven in my mind : )

Could someone let me know if this is already possible? Thanks a million.

@reverseinverse
well, an easy workaround for this would be to create a new empty pattern, let’s say containing 384 rows, loop it, and then in the sample editor choose the sync-to-pattern mode before recording.

then you’ll have a loop of your exact desired time :)

http://www.ambiloop.com/