Deleting/Clearing Notes

Greetings - First post here.

I have a group of notes in a track selected. Is there a way to delete/clear them without using the “Cut” command? I expected my delete key to perform this operation and it does not and I don’t want to use the “Cut” option since I already have something I want to paste on the clipboard.

Thanks!

What about Shift+Delete? The keybinding is called “Delete Selection”, under Pattern Sequencer -> Edit

The tool does not delete any notes but only removes the selection, similar to a double click in the pattern editor.

The tool does not delete any notes but only removes the selection, similar to a double click in the pattern editor.

Sorry I didnt know that. I assumed it would do that but have never tried it myself. I have edited my post to avoid any misunderstandings.

Thank you for all the kind responses!

I am coming from Reaper/Reason and am excited to try and get a cripser, tighter sound as well as some of the arranging benefits I see for using Renoise.

Cheers.

As Renoise offers 4 different clipboards, you could simply switch the clipboard (ALT + [1-4]).

Shift+Delete was my answer.

for anyone searching it is labeled Clear under Block Operations

1 Like