Demo Triolet Groove With Note Delay

It’s quite hard to compose a sequence with Triolet groove!

Triolet groove is the rythm grid of irish music like “bouree”

I show you how to compose it with pattern command’s delay :)

I hope it will be usefull for you

Demo triolet by mat weasel (xrns v1.9rc)

OKAY!!! I M NICE!! I SPEND TIME TO MAKE DEMOS AND ONLY 35 VIEWS AND 0 ANSWERS FOR 10 DAYS!!!

TY VOLE !!!

Damn, thats cool! It`s always a pain in da arse to make such unusual rhythms in Renoise.
I killed a month (due to not a lot of freetime available) to teach how to make offbeat rhythms in Renoise (like Madlib).

I guess its another good notice to rns dev team. I think we need to simplify a process of creating unusual rhythm signatures a lil bit.

p.s. sorry for my bad english.

actually, there is an “error” in the layout of the song: if you want to create a 3/4 rhythm for the whole song, it’s way better to use a 3-rows beat, not a 4-rows as you have done; the choice you have made turns every task into an harder one, as you have seen by making this demo.

if you need to add triplets somewhere in a mostly 4/4 song this is a whole different topic…

For sure using a 3 rows beat is easier but as you said… it s to put a 3/4 sequence in a 4/4 track! (In new school breaks, drum n bass or hardstyle it often happends) do you have a less painfull method?

as you can see in this pinned thread about triplets, yours is the most common way.

using a speed which can be divided entirely by 3 and 4 (f.e.: 12) may also be useful for better handling.